U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 5,652 times

Advertisements

There always appears to be someone who knows the neighborhood from day one. I've managed to remember my part of the Great Northwest was built by Gemcraft some time ago, but I never noticed who built Creekside. Can anyone tell me? Also, share some information about your lovely neighborhood in Our Fair City if you'd like. Our city has been growing from day one, house after house, it would be nice to know who exactly built it!
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2012, 05:28 AM

759 posts, read 3,390,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatnorthwest78250 View Post
There always appears to be someone who knows the neighborhood from day one. I've managed to remember my part of the Great Northwest was built by Gemcraft some time ago, but I never noticed who built Creekside. Can anyone tell me? Also, share some information about your lovely neighborhood in Our Fair City if you'd like. Our city has been growing from day one, house after house, it would be nice to know who exactly built it!
I would love to know who built my "custom" house in Inwood so I could hunt them down and throttle them!!!

I grew up in Oak Hollow Estates, right across the street from McAlister park and our home and most of the homes around were Sitterlie. They actually built my parents home in Emerald Forest. I think they do a great job!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 AM

3,770 posts, read 7,292,333 times
I think creekside was built by KB homes

Old 11-14-2012, 08:39 AM

5,621 posts, read 13,028,021 times
Creekside was a KB Homes development. The Subdivision Construction supervisor was Larry Kuwamura. He had a varying amount of superintendents under him. Some were good, some were clueless. Under the KB construction system, the computer at the office scheduled all of the work. The supers pretty much checked off the work and handled and issues in the field. Most of the national home builders will use a system similar. Not sure where he is today but he was the Construction Manager for Sivage Homes the last time I spoke with him.
Inwood is a mixed bag of builders. When dealing with any custom home, the superintendent IS the builder and his qualifications are what you are buying into, not the name on the door. If your home was built before 2006, there's not much telling what or who the super was as builders were hiring bodies, any bodies as long as they showed up. Business was too good and few builders did any kind of back ground checks or checked qualifications. Most are now wanting a degree in construction which means we now have a generation of educated morons building houses that wouldn't know good from bad construction but they know the parts by name and can recognize the computers schedule. There's little to no tutelage in the field anymore. As the craftsmen die off or retire, there's a huge hole left in the field expertise that the college degrees just can't fill.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 AM

147 posts, read 269,098 times
Silver Creek (now part of GNW) was built by many developers and as far as I know did not include Ray Ellison. My house was built by Airstaire and I bought mine new in '83. I don't think Airstaire stayed around too long. But after almost 30 yrs, I can say I got a good deal. And I like the variety of homes here...not all cookie cutter, salt boxes.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 AM

5,632 posts, read 6,442,869 times
The only thing I learned from this thread so far is don't go to college if you want to build houses or you will be an educated moron.

Probably true although I wouldn't call someone with a college degree a "moron" for the most part but there are still some out there.

Last edited by Azure110; 11-14-2012 at 10:53 AM..

Old 11-14-2012, 04:01 PM

7,663 posts, read 8,135,549 times
Over here in Timber Ridge we were built by Ray Ellison in '85. I have heard a lot of complaints about Ellison homes but this house has been pretty solid. My parent bought it in '87 and I bought it from them. Structurally it's perfect but I will say they used crap siding. If it isnt taken care of it disintegrates quickly as I have seen first hand around here.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,652 times
So Creekside was a KB Home Development! I think I've seen some houses around Fernandez Elementary in Northwest Crossing look just like some homes in Creekside, perhaps that's how the 90's look of a KB home looked like. They look very nice, haven't heard any problems from my friends who live there. That's nice to know even when KB Home appears to be constantly demonized. And Sabres with his Timber Ridge home made when KB Homes was known as Ray Ellison is nice too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio