U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:42 PM

11,435 posts, read 16,444,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
I got a stern talking-to one night when I arrived at SAT and needed a cab ride home. Since I was coming home from a business trip, I was using minimal cash and wanted to use my corporate credit card. The cab driver gave me a nasty look and said that she preferred cash. I said I only had 10 bucks and asked how far that would get me (knowing, as evidenced by my smirk, that her answer would be "not very far"). She then told me that she preferred cash since she can get the tip faster. My opinion was that she preferred cash so she wouldn't have to declare the tip at all.

But yeah, it appears that there is a way to view arrivals on their site.

--Dim
You should file a complaint with the city agency that oversees the cab service. Aren't they obliged to accept all forms of payment to have the "privilege" of serving airport customers. That's exactly what I mean when I talk about the lack of friendly, efficient transpo services at the airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,333,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
No, I disagree with you. Other "major cities" have "super shuttles" or "primetime shuttles" that pick up several ppl to go to several parts of the city, and do it efficiently. There are no buses late at night. I don't like taxis at all because I feel that they are a ripoff. The shuttles that I used in other cities had fixed rates. SATrans once told me that they had "an obligation" to serve the locals once, but they really could give two cents about the locals. they only care about the tourists. I do drive most of the time or get a ride, but I don't see why a city of this size doesn't have better ground service.
Agreed and agreed... In the times I've tried to book a car service here, they've been late or not shown up at all. Taxis are a rip to and from SAT- This city should be working on flat rates in certain instances, but the few cab companies here will never agree to it. VIA? Yeah, right. If I want to get to point B about four hours later. Worst public transport system in a major city I've ever been on. Needs an overhaul or perhaps some real competition.

BN

Old 11-15-2012, 03:42 PM

501 posts, read 837,839 times
Have any of you tried 210 Shuttle?

Old 11-15-2012, 03:49 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,417,290 times
Price wise, I don't like taking a taxi to the airport but they have always picked me up on time and got me there quickly.

I would never take VIA to the airport.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,818 posts, read 33,154,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
Price wise, I don't like taking a taxi to the airport but they have always picked me up on time and got me there quickly.
I live close enough to the airport that it's cheaper to take a cab there and back than it is to park for a week - even at the cheap, remote lots. Heck of a lot faster and more convenient to do that, too.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:14 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,417,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I live close enough to the airport that it's cheaper to take a cab there and back than it is to park for a week - even at the cheap, remote lots. Heck of a lot faster and more convenient to do that, too.
I have never parked at the airport so I am not aware of the rates there. You made a good point though.

As long yellow cab continues to provide good service I will just deal with their prices.

One time I had to pay with a card and the driver was not too pleased (not rude though) about it. I always try to pay with cash.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,421,315 times
OP, my experience in the last few months with the airport arrivals information is that it is usually NOT updated...flights will scroll off the screen after arrival time, even though they haven't arrived. I prefer to check other websites like FlightStats - Global Flight Tracker, Status Tracking and Airport Information or www.flightarrivals.com or FlightAware - Flight Tracker / Flight Status / Flight Tracking.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:08 PM

413 posts, read 652,634 times
I agree with the OP. It really is a poor site. Horrible design, horrible organization, nonsensical navigation. I get to the homepage and I need to know when to pick somebody up. None of the 5 major sections apply. When you do actually get to the Arrivals page, the navigation disappears! Good thing the Facebook and Twitter icons are still prominent. I'm guessing the site was made locally...

Old 11-16-2012, 06:11 AM

3,746 posts, read 3,852,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheTruth View Post
I agree with the OP. It really is a poor site. Horrible design, horrible organization, nonsensical navigation. I get to the homepage and I need to know when to pick somebody up. None of the 5 major sections apply. When you do actually get to the Arrivals page, the navigation disappears! Good thing the Facebook and Twitter icons are still prominent. I'm guessing the site was made locally...

You have got to be kidding me.

The arrival tab is right in plain sight. Moderator cut: off-topic

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 11-22-2012 at 01:13 AM..

Old 11-16-2012, 07:37 AM

490 posts, read 969,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheTruth View Post
It never even occurred to me to look at an AIRPORT website for flight information. Airline, maybe. As someone else mentioned the only site you need is FlightAware - Flight Tracker / Flight Status / Flight Tracking

It is by far more accurate as it gets a direct feed from ATC, and you can see things like "my wife's plane is circling near Tampa because of storms in Orlando". Use it and you won't ever care about this (or any) airport website again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio