Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:17 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,023,906 times

Advertisements

What are the plans for the extension of UTSA Blvd. under construction on the East side of I-10? Is that part of The Landmark or La Joya? Anyone know how far back the extension will go?

Also, any plans in the works to extend UTSA Blvd. to 1604 on the West side of Babcock? It seems like it could ease traffic in the area. There are only about 15 homes directly off UTSA Blvd (driveways connected to UTSA Blvd). It would really help once the UTSA Athletics Park is built, as it connects directly into the middle of the land it is being built on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2008, 08:35 AM

46 posts, read 151,460 times
I take UTSA over to Vance Jackson every day to get home, and it looks like UTSA will continue to stop at Vance Jackson. Continuing east looks like it will be the driveway for a new apartment complex (I'm 99% sure of it).

UTSA Blvd. definitely needs to be expanded to 4 lanes over by the university though. Way too much congestion in the mornings where it drops down to 2 lanes between I-10 and Valero Way with students and Valero employees all trying to get where they are going. A lot of time traffic will be backed all the way from the university to I-10.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:28 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgannaway89 View Post
What are the plans for the extension of UTSA Blvd. under construction on the East side of I-10? Is that part of The Landmark or La Joya? Anyone know how far back the extension will go?

Also, any plans in the works to extend UTSA Blvd. to 1604 on the West side of Babcock? It seems like it could ease traffic in the area. There are only about 15 homes directly off UTSA Blvd (driveways connected to UTSA Blvd). It would really help once the UTSA Athletics Park is built, as it connects directly into the middle of the land it is being built on.
There are no plans to extend UTSA in either direction.
http://www.sanantonio.gov/planning/p...d/0802GG10.pdf

Old 05-21-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreetailBrewing View Post
UTSA Blvd. definitely needs to be expanded to 4 lanes over by the university though. Way too much congestion in the mornings where it drops down to 2 lanes between I-10 and Valero Way with students and Valero employees all trying to get where they are going. A lot of time traffic will be backed all the way from the university to I-10.
It's in the works. TxDOT held the first public meeting last year and presented three alternatives they were working on:

- A four lane road with a continuous center turn lane
- A four lane road with a raised median
- A four lane road with no center turn lane or median

All three options would have turn lanes at major intersections, bike lanes, and sidewalks.

http://www.txdot.gov/about_us/public...esentation.pdf

With the current funding limitations, it will be a while before it can be done.

Old 05-21-2008, 03:38 PM

2,027 posts, read 7,023,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHwyMan View Post
There are no plans to extend UTSA in either direction.
http://www.sanantonio.gov/planning/p...d/0802GG10.pdf
That figures. This is a main road that services UTSA (more than 30,000 students and faculty), Valero World headquarters (a few thousand employees), and numerous apartment complexes. If it were expanded to 4-lanes and expanded to 1604 it would provide a lot of relief.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:48 AM

I paid a bit more attention as I turned on Vance Jackson from UTSA yesterday and I still can't tell what it is... it looks like the driveway for an apartment complex because it has a weird median at the intersection... but it continues on quite a ways like it is a road extension...

Old 05-22-2008, 08:28 AM

It's just going to be a local street. Here is the master plan on file with the city for that area:
http://www.sanantonio.gov/dsd/pdf/mdp/MDP_463c.pdf

Old 05-23-2008, 11:31 AM

14 posts, read 108,313 times
Any idea when construction will begin?

Old 05-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOUTSA View Post
Right after the RMA gets approval to put a toll on it.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOUTSA View Post
If you are talking about the eastward extension of UTSA Blvd into a local street, it is already happening...

If you are talking about the widening of UTSA near campus... NOT SOON ENOUGH!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: