Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM

20 posts, read 34,205 times

Advertisements

Please make arrangements to have your advertising placards picked up. It's been real, now this trash needs to go.

Thanks
p.s. don't make me post photos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2012, 10:53 AM

210 posts, read 502,404 times
Post photos!

Old 11-20-2012, 12:04 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
i was wondering if they can be sued for having their follower litter out city streets. castro and the rest of the fools need to clean this mess up. we sure need photos. send it to thier office. we can alway pick them up and place them on thier lawn.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Amen!

In the city in Florida where I grew up, politicians had a certain set time after the election to remove these signs; after which the city would gather them and charge the politician a fine for each sign.

I think that's a good idea, and should be implemented here. The only issue I see are signs on private property, the city would have no right to remove them.

And the same should go with all those builder signs, garage sale signs, etc. littering the roadways.

Cheers! M2

Old 11-20-2012, 01:38 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
I believe political signs are only protected for a limited amount of time, but I don't know how well that law is enforced. I think if you see a sign on "public" property (meaning not anyone's house), and you have a few moments, take it down. Along with the hundreds of thousands of bandit signs that are pervasive on the landscape, political signs are an eyesore. Yes, it's a hassle, but I've been known to go yank a sign or two down myself. Especially bandit signs from builders and garage sale signs that have been up too long.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
I believe political signs are only protected for a limited amount of time, but I don't know how well that law is enforced. I think if you see a sign on "public" property (meaning not anyone's house), and you have a few moments, take it down. Along with the hundreds of thousands of bandit signs that are pervasive on the landscape, political signs are an eyesore. Yes, it's a hassle, but I've been known to go yank a sign or two down myself. Especially bandit signs from builders and garage sale signs that have been up too long.
you have not torn anything down until you tear down the " for sale, fixer upper, worth 150000, sell for 40000" i hate those, especially the ones written with sharpie markers.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:22 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
you have not torn anything down until you tear down the " for sale, fixer upper, worth 150000, sell for 40000" i hate those, especially the ones written with sharpie markers.
I see those often at the light @ 1604 to get on 151 at Alamo Ranch. I'm too skeered to get out of my car there, it's so busy! lol.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Agreed, all these kinds of signs nailed to utility poles and other areas are illegal and can be removed per Rules for Posting Campaign Signs...

Quote:
It is illegal to place any signs on or within the right of way. This includes posting signs on trees, telephone poles, traffic signs and other objects on the right of way.
By the way, that site also states this...

Quote:
Campaign signs may be posted as early as 90 days before an election (no earlier) and must be removed within 10 days after the election.
So feel free to commence in removing this illegal signage!

Cheers! M2

p.s. Here's the applicable section of the Texas Transportation Code!

Old 11-20-2012, 02:23 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,423,879 times
Quote:
Especially because those are total bait and switch signs designed to have you call that number. I BELIEVE it's a realtor that's doing that trying to get buyers to call him so he can find them something else. TOTALLY against the ethical rules for a Realtor.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:35 PM

Also see...

Check here for city, state and national information regarding sign laws, billboards and blight

TXDOT has a form for reporting illegal advertising: Outdoor Advertising Sign Complaint

Quote:
For more information regarding Outdoor Advertising, visit our web site at: http://www.txdot.gov/business/doing_...door_signs.htm.

Please be specific in describing your complaint. The rules and laws affecting the Texas Department of Transportation's regulation of signs along the state's roadways are very specific. You can find rules in Title 43, Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Chapter 21, Subchapter 1 for regulation of signs along interstate and primary highways and Subchapter K for control of signs along rural roads. You may access this information through the Secretary of State web site at Texas Secretary of State.

NOTE:
You may file this complaint form and any attached photos/maps using one of the following methods:
1. Complete and Submit Online via E-mail:
(1.) Fill out the form.
(2.) If you have any photographs/maps to file with your complaint, click the "paper clip icon" located in the dark gray area to the left and bottom of the form to open the form's attachment window.
(3.) Click the "Add" icon to browse for any photos/maps on your computer supporting your complaint that you wish to attach to the completed form.
(4.) Submit your complaint and attachments by clicking the blue "Submit by E-mail" button on Page 1 of the form. This will launch your e-mail client.
(5.) Click your e-mail client's send button.
(6.) Close your browser.

2. By Mail: Fill out the form in your browser or within Adobe Reader and then print the form using the "Print Form" button on Page 1. Or, simply print the form using the "Print Form Button" and fill it out by hand. Then, mail the completed form and any attachments to:
Texas Department of Transportation
Right Of Way Division P.O. Box 5075
Austin, TX 78763-5075.
The Texas Department of Transportation maintains the information collected through this form. With few exceptions, you are entitled on request to be informed about the information that we collect about you. Under Sections 552.021 and 552.023 of the Government Code, you also are entitled to receive and review this information. Under Section 559.004 of the Government Code, you are also entitled to have us correct information about you that is incorrect. For more information, call 512/416-2879.

You will be contacted by a TxDOT employee within 15 days of the department's receipt of this complaint form. If you are not contacted within 15 days, call the Right of Way Division in Austin at (512) 416-2915 or (512) 416-2879.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio