U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 05:31 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,068,599 times

Advertisements

I am sorry you are having so much trouble finding Vegamite. It wasn't the Vegamite that customs was having trouble with. They didn't want Texmex in Australia!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 06:05 PM

5,616 posts, read 6,395,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwangle View Post
I am sorry you are having so much trouble finding Vegamite. It wasn't the Vegamite that customs was having trouble with. They didn't want Texmex in Australia!
It's ok. I gave up after going to three different World Markets today. Their website may say they carry it but it is a big lie.

Texmex what? Salsa?

Old 11-25-2012, 06:27 PM

Location: I live south of San Antonio in a place called Atascosa.
854 posts, read 2,068,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
It's ok. I gave up after going to three different World Markets today. Their website may say they carry it but it is a big lie.

Texmex what? Salsa?
Yes. It was just gonna be a care package of stuff that won't spoil. You wouldn't believe how lucky we are. Canned Tamales, Wolf brand Chili, Rosarita Refries (Ohh I got to stop eating them). Picante Sauce, Canned Salsa, Rico cheese. Jalapano's. All the stuff you take granted.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:38 PM

6,256 posts, read 8,970,694 times
Have you tried Spec's?

Old 11-25-2012, 06:47 PM

14,609 posts, read 31,121,256 times
What about here?
Vegemite

Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 PM

7,628 posts, read 14,328,495 times
Quote:
I checked two World Markets today and neither have it.

Management couldn't tell me if they even carry it.

I wasn't planning on using it as a spread.
The World Market at the Rim use to carry it...think the commissary at Lackland and Ft Sam do....let me know if you need a jar and I will check it out if you don't have access...somehow I am thinking I'll have to check the expiration date first if it is found....LOL Have you ever tried the stuff??? I did, in Thailand...back when "Men Down Under" were in their hayday....YUCKY, YUCKY stuff!!! Guess if you grew up on it, you like it. I have had folks NOT from Texas say "Big Red" is awful, but those of us growing up in Tx LOVE it! LOL

Old 11-25-2012, 07:53 PM

5,616 posts, read 6,395,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
The World Market at the Rim use to carry it...think the commissary at Lackland and Ft Sam do....let me know if you need a jar and I will check it out if you don't have access...somehow I am thinking I'll have to check the expiration date first if it is found....LOL Have you ever tried the stuff??? I did, in Thailand...back when "Men Down Under" were in their hayday....YUCKY, YUCKY stuff!!! Guess if you grew up on it, you like it. I have had folks NOT from Texas say "Big Red" is awful, but those of us growing up in Tx LOVE it! LOL
An Aussie I know made a stew with it and that is the closest I got to trying it. I never tried it as a spread and seems like from what others including you are saying I am not sure I want to.

I will try the calling place Sapphire posted this week. If no luck, then I may ask you for the commissary hookup.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:14 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,661,117 times
Quote:

Texmex what? Salsa?
Maybe it depends on the location. I bought it last year at a World Market here in the Bay Area. I can send you my jar

It is made by KRAFT. Attachment 104125

I have seen it on Amazon as well. Amazon.com: vegemite

Last edited by TVC15; 02-27-2013 at 03:42 AM..

Old 12-28-2012, 07:32 AM

216 posts, read 317,334 times
I think I've seen it at the HEB at Leon Springs. I used to date a lady from New Zealand and she was always talking about Vegamite and Wetabix that's the only reason I noticed it.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 AM

14,609 posts, read 31,121,256 times
Did MattTx ever find any? From the sounds of it, I don't think we need a taste review, if he did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or