U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 06:40 PM

18 posts, read 65,865 times

Advertisements

We're thinking of installing a pool in our new home and wanted to see some photos of some here in San Antonio to get some ideas.

How long have you had your pool? How much did you pay (if you dont mind sharing) What company did you go with? How do you like/love it?

Would love to hear your thought and see your photos! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 06:51 AM

2 posts, read 6,535 times

Here is a pic of what we built. Biggest advice, glad we did it, but the local pool company we used was terrible, sloppy shoddy work, plus we have had to dig up all the way around the pool due to water lines improperly installed. Even had a pool light snap off and drain the pool due to a jet line being laid on top of it.

What you see is what I did, no credit to the pool company... I threw them off my property long before it got to this point... I know why mine went this way... I am in the county and no permits or inspections were required during construction... but I am a construction engineer, guess they did not count on that.. LOL
All of the crappy install and shoddy workmanship is documented by a game camera I had setup during the construction, the owner of the pool company did not even want a copy of them... He even misquoted the National Electric Code when I called them out on not properly grounding and bonding the pool.

Moral... to keep full control of the pool company... do not pay them a large amount up front... Setup up terms that keep you in control during the construction, and withhold the final 10% till you the customer are satisfied with the final product.

The company I used was one of the largest and oldest in San Antonio... will not mention their name here, but you can contact me if you want to know who to avoid. I has been 2 years and I still am very disappointed that businesses act as poorly as this one did....

Old 12-12-2012, 08:33 AM

937 posts, read 2,161,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limonator460 View Post

Here is a pic of what we built. Biggest advice, glad we did it, but the local pool company we used was terrible, sloppy shoddy work, plus we have had to dig up all the way around the pool due to water lines improperly installed. Even had a pool light snap off and drain the pool due to a jet line being laid on top of it.

What you see is what I did, no credit to the pool company... I threw them off my property long before it got to this point... I know why mine went this way... I am in the county and no permits or inspections were required during construction... but I am a construction engineer, guess they did not count on that.. LOL
All of the crappy install and shoddy workmanship is documented by a game camera I had setup during the construction, the owner of the pool company did not even want a copy of them... He even misquoted the National Electric Code when I called them out on not properly grounding and bonding the pool.

Moral... to keep full control of the pool company... do not pay them a large amount up front... Setup up terms that keep you in control during the construction, and withhold the final 10% till you the customer are satisfied with the final product.

The company I used was one of the largest and oldest in San Antonio... will not mention their name here, but you can contact me if you want to know who to avoid. I has been 2 years and I still am very disappointed that businesses act as poorly as this one did....

wow, nice pool you got there!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 AM

223 posts, read 215,899 times

We "inherited" this pool in the sense that the previous owner had just put the pool in when he was involuntarily retired from AT&T. The couple was from St Louis and had only moved here because he'd been transferred so once he was retired they decided to go back home. Having watched pools being put in around me I was more than glad not to have to deal with it. Our area is a "hard dig", basically solid limestone so it took a couple of weeks to literally carve the hole out of the yard. Other than typical maintenance and losing the main pump motor once, which can get expensive, it really hasn't given us a lot of trouble.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:52 AM

91 posts, read 160,127 times
Here are some we just finished building. We are proud of them and hopefully some of you like them too

Last edited by Exhorn2000; 05-08-2013 at 12:04 PM..

Old 05-08-2013, 11:54 AM

Old 05-08-2013, 11:55 AM

Old 05-08-2013, 11:56 AM

Old 05-08-2013, 11:57 AM

Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 AM

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio