Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:25 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,105,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
I want to talk to them about how unhappy me and my neighbors are with ProComm management. I want to see the terms of our HOA agreement with ProComm and how to go about firing ProComm.
I'm in a Procomm neighborhood and currently serving on the board of my HOA. The agreement requires a certain number of months notice to discontinue the contract. I haven't checked recently how many months it is, as I'm fairly satisfied with them at the moment.

I've been on and off of my HOA board, and experienced several changes of managers at Procomm. In my experience, it matters greatly who the manager is, how satisfactory the experience is with Procomm. Even if your board is not at a time of year it can terminate its agreement with Procomm, it can ask to be assigned to a different manager. That may help.

I once served with a board member who had been on several HOA and condo boards around town over the years and those boards worked with multiple management companies. His opinion was that there are worse management companies than Procomm and none that were much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,437,624 times
I have no knowledge of the subject, but why do HOA's use management companies? The HOA in my old neighborhood didn't bother with one and it was much less stressful living there. The people were much friendlier overall too but that isn't necessarily related.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim8 View Post
I have no knowledge of the subject, but why do HOA's use management companies? The HOA in my old neighborhood didn't bother with one and it was much less stressful living there. The people were much friendlier overall too but that isn't necessarily related.
There's a lot of administrative hassle with collecting fees, getting repairs done and paying bills... too much for a volunteer to do if there are dozens of members in the association.

Some HOAs, that are bigger than mine, pay employees to do all of that. I doubt that my HOA could get an employee to do what Procomm does for the few thousand dollars a year that we pay them to do it.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:39 AM

447 posts, read 1,044,251 times
Bo, is your list of Board of Directors published on the association website for your HOA? It is not listed on our association website, even after logging in with a password. Instead it says, the list of Board of Directors is private and not available.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
Bo, is your list of Board of Directors published on the association website for your HOA? It is not listed on our association website, even after logging in with a password. Instead it says, the list of Board of Directors is private and not available.
My association runs its own web site that doesn't require logging in. Anyone could see the name, address, email and phone numbers of the board of directors.

I know that Procomm offers a web site service that requires logging in. We don't use it. We've had our own longer than they've offered the service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio