Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 12:28 PM

4 posts, read 19,853 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are relocating back to San Antonio next summer. We might not be able to visit properties before we move. My husband will be in a residency program at the Medical Center and I will either be working downtown or near the airport. Both the Eilan and Belleza at Cresta Bella look like good options for high end apartment living. Has anyone visited these properties? If so, I would greatly appreciate your feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 04:19 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,819,506 times
Just from looking at the two, I'd say that Eilan is a better option if you want high-end. They cost more, but the finish-out is simply better.

To me, and I've lived in nice rentals in major cities, Belleza looks run-of-the-mill. Nothing interesting in their design, appliance package, features, etc. It just looks like another new apartment complex.

Eilan has more sizzle... Albeit, it's a very VERY quiet property right now. They're Grouponing/LivingSocial/TravelZooing to death just to keep people at the hotel and at Sustineo.

BN

Old 02-22-2013, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 10,216 times
I am a realtor here in San Antonio and just sold my personal home. I'm downsizing from a 500k, 3200 sq ft home. Being a realtor, I see many properties and know the price points especially for high end properties. I chose to lease at Belleza. The amenities and features are great and for the money, they're spot on. They have varying packages too so you can elect the quartz countertops and bamboo floors. They're very modern. Love them!

Nora Traube

Old 06-05-2013, 09:51 AM

1 posts, read 9,744 times
After an extensive canvassing of san antonio for high-end apartments, we also ended up looking at Eilan and Belleza, in addition to the Artessa.

We ultimately settled on the Belleza.
It has better and larger floor plans. (We got the 2 bedroom, 3 story town home with 2 attached garages)
It has an excellent view, because it is on a high hill with nothing immediately around it. Our apartment will have a full corner balcony.
You can select many upgrades, like the bamboo flooring and different countertops, and appliances.
The place is brand new. We're moving in next week, and the building is being finished now.
Cons: the place is brand new. So some kinks are still being worked out. Also, the location isn't super close to anything.

It's a given that the Artessa and Eilan are more conveniently located. But driving out of the Artessa is a real pain because it is down town.

And the Eilan is a ghost town. We walked around looking at different apartments for at least 2 hours around 3 or 4pm, because they have almost 140 floorplans (very small variations on the same basic plans inflates the number). We didn't see anybody at all. The place is pretty, the gym is great, and the concept was neat. However, a big selling point for this place was supposed to be that it was a little town unto itself. There are no stores there yet except a restaurant.
The apartments are boxes. They are tiny and they -feel- tiny. Also, half the apartments put the kitchen in a tiny closed off box in the center of the apartment. It's quite awkward. And good luck getting a balcony.
Anyways, for the price you won't get much at the Eilan. If the shops were set up, and the place catered to socializing it may've been worth it. But a few thousand for a shoebox apartment, no fireplace, no balcony, and a ghost town? Not really worth it for us.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:28 PM

146 posts, read 246,758 times
Default artessa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirubav View Post
It's a given that the Artessa and Eilan are more conveniently located. But driving out of the Artessa is a real pain because it is down town.
Do you mean Artessa at the Quarry? Is downtown? It is right next to 281, how is that hard to get out of there?

Old 06-05-2013, 03:20 PM

340 posts, read 586,041 times
Belleza looks really nice.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:50 AM

89 posts, read 172,630 times
They're PR shots: Of course they look nice. It's called Photoshopping perfect light.

It's still an apartment. You overpay and gain no equity. For these prices, most of you could own.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:49 AM

112 posts, read 179,324 times
Some of us don't want to own after this last housing debacle. Now that the current administration wants financing eased up again, it means you can't depend that the person next door will actually pay the mortgage. I'd rather be mobile.
Belleza costs what is does for a reason. We looked at them and would rent a 3 bedroom if we were staying here.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:39 PM

89 posts, read 172,630 times
You rent to 'stick it to the man' eh? That's pipe-dream and owning is still a better deal in the long run if you can buy within your means and invest wisely.

The housing issue took two to tango: Too many folks buying more house than they could ever afford and they knew it. I don't feel bad for those people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio