U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:47 PM

208 posts, read 318,140 times

Advertisements

Congratulations to this Deputy Sheriff!!! She kept a cool and level head during a very chaotic time and used her training to stop an incident from possibly turning into something much more terrifying and deadly. Moderator cut: orphaned

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Orphaned - post comments referred to have been deleted

Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,109,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
It's not my belief, it's what I saw that was reported to have happened. If I'm wrong it's because the report was wrong. Relax
I can tell you from experience that no one gives a damn who a shooter is aiming at or his intentions, nor are they going to stick around to find out!

The idiot is lucky he wasn't killed.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:52 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,330,999 times
I'm glad someone who was armed and trained was there to stop it from going further.

As I've always maintained: Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

BN

Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 PM

944 posts, read 1,578,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
I can tell you from experience that no one gives a damn who a shooter is aiming at or his intentions, nor are they going to stick around to find out!

The idiot is lucky he wasn't killed.
I agree with you completely. I'm not on his side at all. I think you are not seeing my point and its hard to convey through text so I'm going to just drop it out of respect for you.

Old 12-19-2012, 05:19 PM

I just saw on the news that Castellano was recognized for her heroic actions today!

From one of the victims that was shot...

Quote:
What if that lady wasn't there?" he asked. "I guarantee you, I would have been dead and I guarantee you, kids and adults would be dead because that guy had more rounds."

Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 PM

282 posts, read 410,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughMcs View Post
Promote her to Lt.
I third this. Her actions were truly heroic and she deserves to be recognized.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 AM

Sgt Lisa Castellano was awarded the Medal of Valor by Bexar County Sheriff Ortiz for taking down a gunman inside a south-side movie theater on Sunday night. She was also given a standing ovation during the ceremony.

Off-duty officer Armondo Olguin was also recognized. He heard the gunshots and came out of a theater to help Castellano apprehend the suspect.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:52 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,899,584 times
Not so fast, before I celebrate I would like more details.

One of the stories I read made it clear that the suspect was chasing one individual into the theater "shooting in the air and at cars" while doing so. I don't think a mass shooting was averted, clearly not, if he wanted to the suspect could have hit others, his behavior was still reckless and deadly conduct.

Another part of the story states the suspect ran from the deputy into the back of the theater and into the restroom. What the story does not mention is if the suspect was actually firing at the deputy or just running away. Huge difference between a law enforcement officer shooting at someone who is shooting back at them and a law enforcement officer just shooting someone who was evading arrest.

Until I know where on his body and how the suspect was shot I am going to be skeptical.

Just as I am skeptical regarding any other incident. Even if others would disagree and prematurely side with the initial story, the initial story is not always correct, more than likely in this case it is.

Clearly though the suspect here had to be disarmed, just wondering if he was shot in the back or what?

Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 AM

6,257 posts, read 8,990,051 times
Armed active shooter...shooting wildly about...that's a direct threat to ANYONE in the area - personally, I don't care WHERE he was shot. If you're gonna dance, be prepared to pay the fiddler.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:40 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,172,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
Not so fast, before I celebrate I would like more details.

One of the stories I read made it clear that the suspect was chasing one individual into the theater "shooting in the air and at cars" while doing so. I don't think a mass shooting was averted, clearly not, if he wanted to the suspect could have hit others, his behavior was still reckless and deadly conduct.

Another part of the story states the suspect ran from the deputy into the back of the theater and into the restroom. What the story does not mention is if the suspect was actually firing at the deputy or just running away. Huge difference between a law enforcement officer shooting at someone who is shooting back at them and a law enforcement officer just shooting someone who was evading arrest.

Until I know where on his body and how the suspect was shot I am going to be skeptical.

Just as I am skeptical regarding any other incident. Even if others would disagree and prematurely side with the initial story, the initial story is not always correct, more than likely in this case it is.

Clearly though the suspect here had to be disarmed, just wondering if he was shot in the back or what?
I have to disagree with you here. It doesn't matter where or what he was shooting at. He was firing a lethal weapon in a public place and in fact hit someone with a round.
It was that officer's right and duty to use lethal force in response to subdue him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or