Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:30 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,603,473 times

Advertisements

And I don't want to live out there in Stone Oak. What is there for $1200 to $1500 in terms of luxury apts near Medical Center? near Trinity University?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 PM

944 posts, read 2,034,053 times
The Preserve on Fredericksburg

That's on Fredericksburg. Looks like they range from $1050 to $1750.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:41 PM

Looks really nice, interestingly I have a news clipping about the Preserve written when it was being built and I thought it seemed to be unique and really stand out from other apartments in this area.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,414,739 times
The meridian at the quarry, easy access to 281, and trinity.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 AM

62 posts, read 110,383 times
Have to disagree with the Meridian being called "luxury". When we first moved here, we actually preferred moving into a luxury apartment; wasn't interested in buying a home in this market. We looked ALL over...got to see two apartments in the Meridian. They both had terrible odors and were in bad need of updating.
Would love to have moved into Eilan, but they did not have three bedrooms, so we bought a home in W.Hills (wish we had not, but that's for another thread).
To piggy-back on an earlier thread, I wonder why builders/developers don't cater to higher income, empty nesters who might prefer the mobility of renting. You would think that might catch on with what happened in housing. Seems there would be a market for it.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 AM

4,427 posts, read 5,307,605 times
The Haven at Blanco, The Haven at the Rim, Elian, Broadway 1800, The Mosaic ...

Old 12-20-2012, 06:59 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,806,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cramowheat View Post
Have to disagree with the Meridian being called "luxury". When we first moved here, we actually preferred moving into a luxury apartment; wasn't interested in buying a home in this market. We looked ALL over...got to see two apartments in the Meridian. They both had terrible odors and were in bad need of updating.
Would love to have moved into Eilan, but they did not have three bedrooms, so we bought a home in W.Hills (wish we had not, but that's for another thread).
To piggy-back on an earlier thread, I wonder why builders/developers don't cater to higher income, empty nesters who might prefer the mobility of renting. You would think that might catch on with what happened in housing. Seems there would be a market for it.

Agreed. The Meridian was luxe... 15 years ago. It's gold fixtures, old carpeting and tiny floorplans are antiquated by today's standard. What's worse is that they're charging market rents for what are poorly kept units. The market for luxe rentals is happening in this city, just slowly. You can find some truly beautiful rentals Downtown and in Southtown ($1700-$5500/mo) if you know where to look and they include the right finish-out to warrant the higher price.

This city could use a change in thinking that just because you're renting doesn't mean you're not willing to pay for something nice. Lots of folks with money to spend who don't want to lay down roots by buying.

My suggestion: Look into The Bushnell. I lived there years ago and it's one of the most interesting and old glamor buildings in the city. Getting in can be tough, as some are owned, some are rented.

http://www.bushnell.biz/

BN

Old 12-20-2012, 07:42 PM

Yeah well I don't want to lay down roots because I may have to move from here to Austin to Houston to here to....etc etc etc in the next decade or two or three.

I liked how the Preserve seemed homey, with vegetable garden plots available etc that has to be the only luxury apt in San Antonio with something like that. I hate golf courses if I see an apt complex overlooking a big fat golf course I will become very angry.

What about the Abbey?

Old 12-21-2012, 07:03 PM

293 posts, read 390,395 times
The overlook on Westover Hills, the elevator opens directly into your apartment too

Old 12-21-2012, 07:54 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,153,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backliteyes View Post
The Preserve on Fredericksburg

That's on Fredericksburg. Looks like they range from $1050 to $1750.

The only problem with those is, they are directly under power lines. From the outside they look very nice though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio