U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2007, 03:59 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,348,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Agreed. But truthfully, just about every newscaster I've met/seen in public are pretty smug--the only truly nice one I've met is Alex Garcia that does weather somewhere (I don't watch much TV, but I've seen him recently). Well, years ago he was a customer of mine, and he and his family are just very nice and down-to-earth.
I've met Randy Beamer a few times, he was pretty nice. A friend of mine was pretty close friends with Vanessa Macias and (then) fiance, Bob (I can't remember his last name) who was the weekend sports guy on KENS until just recently moved to Austin. They were pretty nice, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 11:44 AM

8 posts, read 29,066 times
I thought Megan Alexander was a much better anchor than Ainsley Earhardt, Megan used to sit in from time to time for her.

I think KENS5 has the best news coverage. It may be a gimic, but they have the most live reports, their graphics dont look as cheap (especially compared to WOAI) and KSAT's green screen set background is crap. All of KENS5's news Anchors are San Antonio natives with the exception of Ross Palombo. That says to me they know the city they are covering better than the others.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:40 PM

46,816 posts, read 36,996,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I've met Randy Beamer a few times, he was pretty nice. A friend of mine was pretty close friends with Vanessa Macias and (then) fiance, Bob (I can't remember his last name) who was the weekend sports guy on KENS until just recently moved to Austin. They were pretty nice, too.
That Bob was Bob Ballou.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:41 AM

15 posts, read 86,644 times
Quote:
I cannot believe Bridget Smith is taking Kristina's place. I simply cannot bear to look at her. TOO much tanning, fake blond hair, horrible pale pink lipstick and insincere reporting. I just cannot see how someone has not pulled her aside for a makeover. She has totally sucumbed to the hollywood 'standard' of beauty. I have seen her on the show and think she fawns all over the guest and does not seem to be an authentic person. I will NO longer watch Great Day SA. They should have given it to Eileen. Now she is a person true to herself. She comes across as a real person.
I just watched for the first time since they changed hosts and I couldn't believed how unpolished Bridget's appearance is, especially as she sits next to Eileen, who looks like she's dressed to be on television. Bridget seemed to be better than Kristina at interveiwing and making small talk, but she'd be so much prettier if the station groomed her appropriately.
She doesn't have to look like everyone else on tv, but her hair looks like you couldn't get a brush through it and she's wearing too much makeup. Also, is she wearing light contacts or does she have blue eyes?

Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 PM

545 posts, read 2,089,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanantonewbie View Post
I cannot believe Bridget Smith is taking Kristina's place. I simply cannot bear to look at her. TOO much tanning, fake blond hair, horrible pale pink lipstick and insincere reporting. I just cannot see how someone has not pulled her aside for a makeover. She has totally sucumbed to the hollywood 'standard' of beauty. I have seen her on the show and think she fawns all over the guest and does not seem to be an authentic person. I will NO longer watch Great Day SA. They should have given it to Eileen. Now she is a person true to herself. She comes across as a real person.
I saw her (Bridget) live and in person in a elevator at NEISD's central office one afternoon. She was wearing jeans (not very professional for a reporter) and looked like a Tammy Faye wannabe. Loaded up on the makeup, and the hair...my GOD the hair...someone needs to tell her that using a whole can of hairspray went out of style during the 80's. And besides the appearance, she just had this air about her, like she was perpetually POed...or maybe she just hadn't gotten the story she wanted that afternoon. Finally, let's not forget about the "bad DJ" voice...all around annoying.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:55 PM

12 posts, read 50,747 times
Default talent at KENS

I think overall KENS has the best looking talent in the market.
Sarah is amazing, Kellie is super cute, Ross is breathtaking, Brian is very easy on the eyes....need I say more?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:10 PM

1 posts, read 10,486 times
I too had the a strange attractiom for the Watson's MILF. I think she reminded me of an old gf or maybe it's that look she gives or something, idk. Anyways, I found this for all infatuated with her.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9271739/detail.html (broken link)

Warning: Watching it made me find her less hot

Last edited by matteojonze; 01-07-2008 at 11:27 PM..

Old 01-08-2008, 06:53 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,185,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderex View Post
I just watched for the first time since they changed hosts and I couldn't believed how unpolished Bridget's appearance is, especially as she sits next to Eileen, who looks like she's dressed to be on television. Bridget seemed to be better than Kristina at interveiwing and making small talk, but she'd be so much prettier if the station groomed her appropriately.
She doesn't have to look like everyone else on tv, but her hair looks like you couldn't get a brush through it and she's wearing too much makeup. Also, is she wearing light contacts or does she have blue eyes?
I hate to break your heart, but she isn't tanning...lets just say she does the opposite, just like Michael Jackson ('nuff said?). She wears so much makeup the fake contacts, and fake hair extensions....she just looks like a complete phoney. I have to agree...she is awlful...her appearance, her poise, she isn't funny or personable, she just seems so uncomfortable on the show. I am hoping she is just a temporary fix until they find someone permanent. She is just a little too Ghetto Fabulous for SA.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:56 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,185,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
Say it aint so! I just heard that Kimberly Crawford is leaving. Her last day is 12/21. Anyone know where she is going. Im so sad. She is the hottest thing on SA TV.
I am hoping they will get rid of Bridget Smith and replace her with Kimberly Crawford. She is fun in the morning and knows how to dress and apply make-up apporpriately

Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 AM

38 posts, read 160,767 times
Yes, I agree that Bridget Smith is horrible - no skills and that appearance. Does anyone have any thoughts on the new person on the Fox morning show, Monica Taylor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or