U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-23-2008, 06:37 PM
 
Location: Helotes
778 posts, read 2,224,581 times
Reputation: 590

Advertisements

This may have been covered before so if it has been, please forgive me, but I figured this was as best place to ask as any.

I know Jakle (broken link) mentioned it in her column and Jeniffer Broome dismissed the question completely, but is it possible that everyone (or at least most the men) in San Antonio are under some impression that Jennifer got some sort of, um, "weather enhancements" to help with her broadcast? I mean, it can't just be my sudden imagination and coincidently, people are mentioning it on radio and writing into Jeanne Jakle and such.

I still prefer Bill Taylor for my weather, but I'm just saying...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Status: "Amused by Blue" (set 18 days ago)
 
14,628 posts, read 31,233,146 times
Reputation: 6683
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCreek78250 View Post
This may have been covered before so if it has been, please forgive me, but I figured this was as best place to ask as any.

I know Jakle (broken link) mentioned it in her column and Jeniffer Broome dismissed the question completely, but is it possible that everyone (or at least most the men) in San Antonio are under some impression that Jennifer got some sort of, um, "weather enhancements" to help with her broadcast? I mean, it can't just be my sudden imagination and coincidently, people are mentioning it on radio and writing into Jeanne Jakle and such.

I still prefer Bill Taylor for my weather, but I'm just saying...
Well, her image is firmly implanted in many men's minds. If you faced her walking down the street, would you give her a lift?

Her looks have really improved lately, so more power to her. It's a tough business, and a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2008, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Helotes
778 posts, read 2,224,581 times
Reputation: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Well, her image is firmly implanted in many men's minds. If you faced her walking down the street, would you give her a lift?

Her looks have really improved lately, so more power to her. It's a tough business, and a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
Oh, so you noticed it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Status: "Amused by Blue" (set 18 days ago)
 
14,628 posts, read 31,233,146 times
Reputation: 6683
Well, I really don't watch her much, but it's been talked about a lot here: Forums - Did Jennifer Broome get some boobs?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned
 
Location: Ohio
16,826 posts, read 33,236,319 times
Reputation: 13619
I have to admit that I think the discussion of who on the news is a hot babe is tiresome. At this point in my life, I'm more interested in seeing a well-written, comprehensive newscast than I am in getting my news, weather and sports from people with pretty faces.

However, I am glad that Jennifer Broome slowed has down her presentation style around the same time she changed her look. It always seemed to me like she was trying to fit 5 minutes of content into a 3 minute weather segment. Now the pace of her weathercasts seems less frantic and it seems more like she's telling the story of what will happen rather than trying to dazzle us with details about it.

On the subject of news anchors changing their appearance, I remember reading predictions a few years ago in TV trade publications that facelifts would become important as TV stations converted their newscasts to HD. (The sharpness of HD cameras makes the wrinkles more visible.) It shouldn't be too much longer now before we start seeing the HD conversion happen here, so this would be the time to expect facelifts to increase in popularity among news anchors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-23-2008, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Wiesbaden, Germany
13,807 posts, read 26,358,843 times
Reputation: 3989
I feel sorry for anyone on TV these days. Those HD broadcasts are freaking brutal..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 06:47 AM
 
1,066 posts, read 3,188,825 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
I have to admit that I think the discussion of who on the news is a hot babe is tiresome. At this point in my life, I'm more interested in seeing a well-written, comprehensive newscast than I am in getting my news, weather and sports from people with pretty faces.
.
I suggest you start getting your news solely from PBS. And if you want a comprehensive local newscast, you need to move away from SA. In case you haven't notice our news consists of car accidents, murders, and over exaderation of weather conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 06:57 AM
 
1,066 posts, read 3,188,825 times
Reputation: 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post

On the subject of news anchors changing their appearance, I remember reading predictions a few years ago in TV trade publications that facelifts would become important as TV stations converted their newscasts to HD. (The sharpness of HD cameras makes the wrinkles more visible.) It shouldn't be too much longer now before we start seeing the HD conversion happen here, so this would be the time to expect facelifts to increase in popularity among news anchors.
Plastic surgery can only do so much....I think this will hopefully push all the old farts out....TV anchors will be fresh faces in their 20's & 30's, much like the way FOX news and MSNBC have gone. And they will be sent out to pasture by the time they reach their 40s or show their age.
On that topic....lets come up with a list of TV news people that have been on the air (let alone same station) for 25 years plus in SA.

Chris Marrou - KENS
Debra Knapp - KENS
Jesse Degollado - KSAT
Paul Venama - KSAT
Moclovio Perez- WOAI

Who else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 07:10 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
957 posts, read 3,096,245 times
Reputation: 139
Frankly I find the news stations here boring as far as morning shows go. I much rather watch Good Morning America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2008, 07:29 AM
 
472 posts, read 1,605,496 times
Reputation: 268
So what ever happened to Albert Flores. I know why he got canned but did he move away. Is he doing weather in some other city. I can swear I heard his voice on a radio commercial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top