U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,822 posts, read 33,200,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
I suggest you start getting your news solely from PBS. And if you want a comprehensive local newscast, you need to move away from SA. In case you haven't notice our news consists of car accidents, murders, and over exaderation of weather conditions.
What I wish for and what I see are often two different things. IMHO, KENS 5 has the least sensationalistic reporting on a day-to-day basis. But I admit that I cringe at and often avoid their well-hyped sweeps packages.

I find that I get the best sense of what's going on from the Express-News. TV news is like fast food - it's appealing and convenient, but it's fundamentally lacking and you'll be worse off if you rely on it exclusively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 AM

1,066 posts, read 3,185,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
So what ever happened to Albert Flores. I know why he got canned but did he move away. Is he doing weather in some other city. I can swear I heard his voice on a radio commercial.
He was on KENS for like 25 years. I think he went to FOX and disappeared, but I think you are right, I thought I heard him recently too.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
What I wish for and what I see are often two different things. IMHO, KENS 5 has the least sensationalistic reporting on a day-to-day basis. But I admit that I cringe at and often avoid their well-hyped sweeps packages.

I find that I get the best sense of what's going on from the Express-News. TV news is like fast food - it's appealing and convenient, but it's fundamentally lacking and you'll be worse off if you rely on it exclusively.
They have been breaking into regular programming way too much lately. Back in the day...when they broke in with a 'Special report', it was something serious affecting everyone....such as space shuttle disasters, Reagan being shot, 9/11. Now they have been doing it for an apartment fire. While that is terrible for those people, I hardly think it is worthly for a special report to break into regular programing.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:02 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,348,051 times
I don't know why people watch local news in SA or a half a dozen other cities I visit. It's the most irrelevant, sophmoric, half hour on TV today.

"Here we are Live and in Color at the car wreck on X intersection, Paramedics have removed the drivers to a nearby hospital, but behind us you can see......the traffic is now moving past the wreckage....or something like it. Chris, back to you from our live and in color KENS LIVE Coverage of Sh*t long after it is relevant"

You know, there once was something known as journalism, and it didn't include video feed of police cars outside of an ice house after a shooting or stupid people getting run over by trains (yeah, sleeping on the tracks, that'll keep the snakes away. Nothing bad can happen here.) With all the corruption in our local city government, city court system, and city planner's office, these people in the "local news" have to waste our time with this????

The Jovial Local Weather Man???? Yahoo weather. It's on your phone. Two seconds, and you get the entire week's forecast. You need animated radar??? Weather Underground....also available on your phone.

And unless you are willing to give your right nut to High School Football, what are you doing watching local news for sports info if you are not over the age of 60?

Sorry to rant...apologies to the moderators.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:10 AM

3,219 posts, read 8,003,160 times
Quote:
He was on KENS for like 25 years. I think he went to FOX and disappeared, but I think you are right, I thought I heard him recently too.
Where is Albert Flores? I know he was fired over something that could be easily corrected

Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 AM

Since there are lots of Karen Grace fans on this board...and who isn't fan of Vanessa Macias. The blonde girl is the Ainsely Earnheart
Attached Thumbnails
Your Opinion of local TV shows/news-charlieangel.jpg  

Old 01-27-2008, 03:56 PM

778 posts, read 2,222,567 times
Quote:
Since there are lots of Karen Grace fans on this board...and who isn't fan of Vanessa Macias. The blonde girl is the Ainsely Earnheart
Now that was certainly newsworthy!

Old 01-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,822 posts, read 33,200,060 times
Quote:
Since there are lots of Karen Grace fans on this board...and who isn't fan of Vanessa Macias.
Vanessa Macias is in that photo?

Old 01-27-2008, 06:50 PM

14,626 posts, read 31,210,098 times
Quote:
I don't see her, but the only possibilities are the hottie at far left, or second from left. Neither of those look like her, though, so maybe it's just a bad angle. Well, not a bad angle to you guys, but a bad shot of her face.

But Primo is a very fact-oriented!! LOL, I am sure he didn't guess about this one.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Yes, she is the one in the blue top brown vest. I don't know who the girl on the far left is. Anyone recognize her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or