U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 01:28 PM

892 posts, read 1,591,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Not sure what you mean by this exactly but there are many people who aren't "down on their luck," for some people live where they live because that's where they choose to live and it has nothing to do with "luck."

I live a minimalist lifestyle, I take the city bus, I pay $400.00 a month in rent (all bills paid including water, electricity, gas and cable TV), and I have a $50 a month cell phone bill; I live the way I do because I choose to live this way....that's how I have always been and that's how I like it.

If you truly want to know what being down on your luck is, then you should go visit the battered women's shelter, or one of the family or single-person homeless shelters and see people who are really down on their luck.

BTW, the area is NOT "dicey" at all...if you want dicey, I can show you "real" dicey and it's not on the Northside (where this apartment complex is).

Not that it matters, but I'm also gay by the way....though I don't consider myself like the "stereotypical" gay dude out there. I have two college degrees, I consider myself down to earth, educated but at the end of the day, I'm just minimalist, me.
Not trying to be rude, but I like to know this stuff. Doesn't mean anything wrong but can give someone a impression of a place. Like the OP said is not necessary to live by reviews I mean if so there would be no place to live. But for this poster to say he saw a few who may seem that way is not bad. Is not like he said is a dump and in horrible location. And I also don't think is nice to compare a womans shelter or homeless to what he said. Is just IMO not appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 743 times
Talking New England Village are Lovely Apartments

I have lived at New England Village Apartments for one year.

Unfortunately, I will be moving out for 2 reasons: I want to get a rottweiler and I want washer/dryer connections. They only allow small dogs and cats. They have washer/dryer facilities, $1.25 a load, which isn't bad, just inconvenient.

My favorite perks about this place are: the LOCATION, nice neighbors, and low rent. I enjoy walking to HEB on Saturday mornings. There are some great restaurants around here, such as Pericos, Taco Taco, Mary Lou's, and Chris Madrids. As for coffee-shops, some nice places to get some work done or just relax are Candlelight Coffeehouse and Olmos Perk. I love the fruit stand on Hildebrand. Since I am a runner, I usually run around Trinity or Olmos Basin park. I would run around the neighborhood but there aren't sidewalks on all streets. The apartments aren't far from anywhere in San Antonio really.

I have had some problems, but the management usually solved them asap. The only problem I've had is that my roof had a tiny leak when it rained and the ceiling became moist and grew mold. I told the management, and they clean it and eliminated the mold. Still kinda felt unsanitary. I have had a few roaches, but they spray every Wednesday if you need it. Another complaint is that the pool is very basic. It doesn't have any chairs out and it is shaded by the trees.

Overall, I will miss this place! It is a nice place for someone who doesn't need the brand-new, fancy amenities. If you are okay with the simple-life, this is just the place for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or