Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 04:27 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,499,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
I agree there is a difference between global security and just wanting to bust a cap on someone for trying to jack your stuffz.

You can defend that mentality in whatever dialect as you wish. I simply find it unsophisticated and think we as society should move on.

You know how you feel but now you are making the mistake of asserting how others feel. That is not very progressive at all.

I have no desire to shoot anyone. I really have no desire to hurt any living thing. What I do have a desire to do is solve problems and be free to prioritize those problems as I see fit. I prioritize my ownership of my property as having a higher value than the person trying to deprive me of that property. If the situation warrants it, because of the totality of the curcumstances, I will use deadly force based on that and again, no matter how you feel about it, a fear of harm is the only thing that keeps all of us somewhat safe from the evil/selfish inclination of some others.

Most people who think as you do dont really want to live in a world where there is no fear in those who would violate your property. Most people who think as you do dont understand that either.

Good luck. I support your right to run, hide, shout, whatever but I will fight you however I can if you think you can force such things on me and mine.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:00 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post
I simply find it unsophisticated and think we as society should move on.

I am comfortable that as a society we will decide together to continue progress as we have been.
I find stealing things from others unsophisticated and think we as society should move on.

I am comfortable that as a society in Texas we have decided to skip the progress Chicago is making.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,978,388 times
For those of you who feel no need to defend your property, do the criminals a favor and post your address so they can spare themselves the risk of being shot by those of us who will!

Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,036 times
MOD NOTE:

Thread has run its course - thank you all for your participation.

THREAD CLOSED!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio