Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 AM

500 posts, read 969,401 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,864 times
The Pre-K program is getting an award for a concept. Wow.

I have a concept for World Peace, the eradication of all illness and the end to poverty.

Do I get the Nobel or what?

Old 01-20-2013, 09:34 AM

62 posts, read 110,746 times
Merovee, sorry if my thoughts seemed "jumbled"...I type as the thoughts came to me. However, my whole summed up point, if you will, is that there is a parenting problem big-time here...all you have to do is read the paper or turn on the local news.
Frankly, I don't care what kind of pre-school it is. Two of my grown children are teachers, both in other states...public school teachers who barely make enough to be on their own. The pay our mayor has for these "master" teachers is ridiculous. It's all simply to pad his own resume... like he alone discovered Pre-K!!
I'd still like you to address some of my questions regarding the parents who will enjoy freedom all week...anyone?

Old 01-20-2013, 09:42 AM

5,717 posts, read 18,923,039 times
[quote]Opponents of the initiative were cheered last fall when trustees for NEISD, the second-largest school district in the city, questioned the plan's logistics and expressed concern about how it would affect the district's own pre-K program and funding.

Apparently most of you are not familiar with the current Pre K that's being paid for already with State and Federal tax dollars. This is NOT a new program and the concept is that the Castros and his political bunch want control over the Pre K and the DOLLARS that it brings. Apparently they think the schools have no clue how to handle the kids but, of course, they do. It's yet another scheme to extract the tax dollars from tax payer morons too stupid to research what's going on.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
The Pre-K program is getting an award for a concept. Wow.
And no surprise from whom those accolades come from. 2 foundations with obvious political agendas.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,864 times
[quote=TrapperL;27852636]
Quote:
Opponents of the initiative were cheered last fall when trustees for NEISD, the second-largest school district in the city, questioned the plan's logistics and expressed concern about how it would affect the district's own pre-K program and funding.

Apparently most of you are not familiar with the current Pre K that's being paid for already with State and Federal tax dollars. This is NOT a new program and the concept is that the Castros and his political bunch want control over the Pre K and the DOLLARS that it brings. Apparently they think the schools have no clue how to handle the kids but, of course, they do. It's yet another scheme to extract the tax dollars from tax payer morons too stupid to research what's going on.
Research requires reading on a 7th grade level, voting for something only a 3rd.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpantle View Post
And no surprise from whom those accolades come from. 2 foundations with obvious political agendas.
Could you articulate what exactly you mean? I don't understand what political agendas you refer too?

They are rather respectable, one a research institution, the other a philanthropic organization. Their work is vast and varied but appreciated by many. The Rockefeller Fnd. in particular has helped the lives of countless others in this world.

If you have some nefarious tin-pot-and-foil view of the Rockefeller Foundation or the Brookings Institution I do not think it is going to be widely accepted. Keep in mind some are familiar with them, even their more controversial aspects, so your claims that they have political agendas seem uninformed.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 AM

One only has to look from where Brookings derives their funds to understand their politics.

The Rockefeller Foundation has been a liberal leaning institution for years.

To suggest that either of these institutions are politically neutral is an assault to everyone's intelligence.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:41 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpantle View Post
One only has to look from where Brookings derives their funds to understand their politics.

The Rockefeller Foundation has been a liberal leaning institution for years.

To suggest that either of these institutions are politically neutral is an assault to everyone's intelligence.
You are not being specific and I simply doubt you are going to be able to prove your claims. It is not difficult to explain who you believe their major sources of funds are and how they are politically biased.

I will even help you by beginning with one of their sources when it comes to their overall history.

The Rockefeller Foundation had received major funding from the now defunct John M. Olin Foundation who primarily funded conservative think tanks that supported Reagan platforms.

http://cspcs.sanford.duke.edu/sites/...l_advocacy.pdf

If you look into it you will find they receive funding from many because their mission transcends politics.

Dr. Louis Agnese Jr., president of UIW, was Chairman of the Rockefeller Foundation funded Partnership for Hope.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:55 AM

1,220 posts, read 2,681,851 times
You know why NEISD is not totally on board for the Pre-K program? Because my administration and front office people at my school are dreading all the extra work of implementing the program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio