U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:51 PM

490 posts, read 970,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy714 View Post
I don't understand how someone in her position could make such comments. Really, it's a choice? No, a choice would be if she wanted to go to a plastic surgeon and have her slanted eyes rounded so as to be American looking and learning to say FRIED RICE instead of FLIED LICE.
I guess the irony of your comments is lost on you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 03:53 PM

3,750 posts, read 3,866,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
Chan raised a legitimate question. Are gays born that way? If its a lifestyle choice, then society should not have to amend the institution of marriage from man and women.
I would assume you know the answer to your own question. I have no idea how anyone with any shred of intelligence can think that people gay or straight are not born that way. This thread is not to debate that fact. This thread is to document the unraveling of one of San Antonio's most prominent political peoples career. I actually agreed with Chan on most things and giving Castro a thorn in his side was a plus.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:09 PM

475 posts, read 970,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolonyokte View Post
i do not know if the right or wrong to such a situation, but when it comes to a identity identification of any type, should it involve those that can not speak for themselves to choose as such and relate to such circumstances/identify, to agree and live in harmony in the long run-- as so would be indicated by all involved no matter what, or is there some that fall under the circumstances of not being able to speak for themselves for a choice as such.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:34 PM

441 posts, read 793,723 times
Everyone deserves to be treated equally despite one's personal beliefs.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:12 PM

3,750 posts, read 3,866,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
Everyone deserves to be treated equally despite one's personal beliefs.
Exactly!!!

Old 08-16-2013, 05:17 PM

89 posts, read 152,146 times
Chan is a poor excuse for a human being and an even weaker excuse for a politician.

Seriously, could someone be this trusting, lazy and idiotic all at once? Wake up Chan- EVERYTHING is being listened to, recorded, scrutinized. Now, thanks to her insensitive and ugly statements, she's bringing San Antonio into a national spotlight... A backwards, backwater spotlight that does us no favors.

To those who seriously question whether Chan's comments were right or wrong: Shame on you.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:56 PM

520 posts, read 603,810 times
Quote:
Chan raised a legitimate question. Are gays born that way? If its a lifestyle choice, then society should not have to amend the institution of marriage from man and women.
That's not a legitimate question.

Every gay person I have known knew they were attracted to the same sex since the day they started having those feelings. The problem that many faced was that they were told what they were feeling was wrong by family, friends, & society and had to act AGAINST their nature. The fact that they finally decide (choose) to stop fighting their feelings is what seems to confuse those on the lifestyle choice side of the argument.

Which brings me to my second problem with the lifestyle choice argument - it's only straight people who make it. I have never heard a single person, outside of those who make money off the pray the gay away industry, say they were really attracted to their own own sex, but choose to be straight and quite frankly, neither have I heard the opposite.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:06 PM

1,792 posts, read 2,442,766 times
What a disgusting woman!

Old 08-16-2013, 06:48 PM

75 posts, read 118,496 times
Quote:
Yes, we are born this way. Believe it from someone who IS gay, instead of all these bigoted straight "experts" (like Chan) who ignorantly claim that they know everything about being gay or lesbian. When did you choose to live the straight lifestyle? I'm assuming it just came natural for you...

Racists, bigots and homophobes should not be able to hold office. They are elected to represent ALL people in their jurisdiction, many of which include all sorts of minorities, especially in our cities. Chan sure doesn't have a problem getting paid a tax-based salary, some of which has been paid by those "disgusting homosexuals".

Old 08-16-2013, 07:46 PM

7,002 posts, read 10,275,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txguy714 View Post
I don't understand how someone in her position could make such comments. Really, it's a choice? No, a choice would be if she wanted to go to a plastic surgeon and have her slanted eyes rounded so as to be American looking and learning to say FRIED RICE instead of FLIED LICE. and, if she's so married to her ideas why didn't she make them part of her campaign platform? No, she knows what she said was wrong on every level. That's why she "suddenly" went on vacation. What a doosh.....it's all over next campaign season.

Quote:
Every time someone says something like this, I'm reminded of the likes of Eddie Long and Ted Haggard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio