Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:41 PM

70 posts, read 440,860 times

Advertisements

during the summer i went with my grandfather/mother and cusin Jr. to Los Angeles to visit some family who lived in 3 room house somewhere by downtown and it like i was in SA but boring. I think it was sort of boring in LA cause I didn't really know any one there except for my cusins who lived there. It did't fell scary at all really i guess cause i've seen it done it with all the ghetto stuff. it was kind of a rerun for me but less dramatic. We stayed for about a month and it was cool. we went to long beach and they had some sort of festival for Puerto ricans. I was a Pueto rican for a day lol. it's a nice city.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:29 PM

13 posts, read 78,721 times
i remember when san antonio actually had gangs and not these punks nowadays that can't think of an original name but have to resort to boring and common names such as kings, crips, and bloods. that is just pathetic. i remember Damage, Inc. around the near West Side and downtown area. if i remember correctly, Damage was real big at Fox Tech. they were also the gang that got caught at fiesta events with Damage, Inc. business cards. now that is classic. there was also the Suicidal Locos from Edgewood. also the Colonia gang from nearby. what about the Powerheads from around Edison. Nova and the boys were pretty rowdy back in the day. i also remember the Town Freaks (downtown gang), Souixies (skinhead punk rockers), Stompers (around Kenwood Park and Mark Twain area), Bad Attitudes from Culebra Park, Puro Ocho (8 Ball Posse), Bad Company, LA Boys, Ghost Town, Ambrose, WSV Kings, Young Country (Kennedy HS area), and Bad Boys Club from Lee area. and there were also the gangs around Rodriguez Park like Dog Town, Brownleaf, Kin Mob, and the Boys. but back in that day there was nothing bigger (at least on the North West side) like the Klik-Klan rivalry. anybody that knows some of the red hats and white hats will tell you that is a story in itself.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:19 PM

616 posts, read 2,082,908 times
westendwero

Isn't the word spelled "guero"? Or are you going for visual alliteration over spelling?

Old 10-27-2007, 04:25 PM

925 posts, read 1,226,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazred View Post
i don't know where you live by but right now i live in a Mencahca st. across from where the Menchaca courts ( courts are projects) used to reside and drive-bys is a daily thing around this area.
Drive by's are a daily occurance there? Yet if you looked up police reports you'd see they weren't. But you'd want us to believe no one is reporting them. I take it everyone on Menchaca Street is def, except you.

Quote:
There are many stories i can tell you about these areas from near death experieces to friends who now live in a better place R.I.P . Trust me I've seen soom crazy things in my life, from living as a dad for my younger siblings to lving in my grandmothers house on San Felipe ST. cause my mother couldn't afford a house for us, from been shoot at cause of my stupid cusins to
being shoot at cause my own ignorance.
Man, I don't know if you're purposely spelling all those words incorrectly or not but it's making it my reading experience not so pleasant. I don't get how you can spell ignorance correctly but not cousins and experiences. Some (soom) threw me for a loop as well.

Quote:
cause you said SA is like Shirly Temple i'm not butt hurt but i have firsthand accounts and i don't know were you live know but if you probably never lived here so really i can't take your opinion as a really good one since you probably never lived in this area. No disrespect Insomiac.
I said it's Shirley Temple compared to LA, Miami, Houston, places I've lived in before San Antonio. I know first hand accounts worst than what you described, a lot worse. And I've seen news broadcasts report worse things on a almost nightly basis in LA and even Miami.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:30 PM

925 posts, read 1,226,602 times
westendwero, the Crips and the Bloods were both created in LA while the Kings have their origins in the New York metro area. The gangs that call themselves that in SA are simply affiliates.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:18 PM

45 posts, read 188,502 times
I grew up in the Jefferson area and can attest to the spike in gang activity in the early nineties around the time I was graduating from Jeff. In fact, if I recall correctly, it was my junior or senior year that we were warned that some gang members from Edison were going to shoot up the school on the last day of classes. Fortunately, nothing happened, but there was enough going on at that time to make it seem like it was at least a possibility.

In fact, in the beginning of my senior year a guy who lived up the street from me was shot and killed by some gang members who were in the bed of a pickup truck in front of my friend's car at a street light on Fredricksburg Road. He was not in a gang, and I believe his dad was a police officer. Completely senseless. It really brought home the fact that you could be a victim of violence even if you weren't running in those circles.

Recently, I had the opportunity to speak with some high schoolers at Edison and they told me that there really is not much of a gang problem in their school or in other schools in SAISD, and my trips to the school seemed to corroborate this. They have, however, heard from older siblings and cousins about how bad it used to be. Hopefully, it will never get that way again, but I think it is cyclical and very much a creature of population trends.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 AM

2 posts, read 42,435 times
Default Sa Gangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendwero View Post
i remember when san antonio actually had gangs and not these punks nowadays that can't think of an original name but have to resort to boring and common names such as kings, crips, and bloods. that is just pathetic. i remember Damage, Inc. around the near West Side and downtown area. if i remember correctly, Damage was real big at Fox Tech. they were also the gang that got caught at fiesta events with Damage, Inc. business cards. now that is classic. there was also the Suicidal Locos from Edgewood. also the Colonia gang from nearby. what about the Powerheads from around Edison. Nova and the boys were pretty rowdy back in the day. i also remember the Town Freaks (downtown gang), Souixies (skinhead punk rockers), Stompers (around Kenwood Park and Mark Twain area), Bad Attitudes from Culebra Park, Puro Ocho (8 Ball Posse), Bad Company, LA Boys, Ghost Town, Ambrose, WSV Kings, Young Country (Kennedy HS area), and Bad Boys Club from Lee area. and there were also the gangs around Rodriguez Park like Dog Town, Brownleaf, Kin Mob, and the Boys. but back in that day there was nothing bigger (at least on the North West side) like the Klik-Klan rivalry. anybody that knows some of the red hats and white hats will tell you that is a story in itself.
Man i havent heard thease gang names in a long time brings back a lot of memories i lived in kenwood and went to twain and edison then got kicked for fighting with the power heads i was a wsv king member in 91-94 and it was a very dangerouse time for gangs i used to walk around with my rag hanging out my pocket and never know when i was going to get shot at

Old 11-28-2007, 07:50 AM

351 posts, read 1,584,540 times
Wow,

Clark High School late '80's: Los Psychos.

Bad memories. Hispanic machismo.

Bunch of jerks almost killed a waiter at Leon Springs Cafe for no reason, they were just asked to leave because thirty of them were in the parking lot. High School Punks.

Who in their right mind glorifies this asinine way of life?

I am 39 and still do not understand what motivates people to act this way.

Hate gangs.

crazedchef

Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 AM

2 posts, read 42,435 times
Default Gangs In Sa

former gang member 90's well the main reason i did it is coz it attracted girls and i got a lot of them i did everything and anything for girls girls girls

Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 35,741 times
i have alot of family that are involv in gangs and from what i know and seen gangs are everywhere but then again if you dont pay attention to that stuff then that could be the reason why you dont think theres alot of violence in tx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio