Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,062,700 times

Advertisements

Nice to see this SA company doing well..

The good times keep rolling at USAA.
The San Antonio financial services and insurance company announced Tuesday its employees will receive a bonus equal to 18.8 percent of their annual base salary.
That matches the highest bonus ever paid by USAA. The last time it awarded 18.8 percent was in 2010.
[LEFT]
[/LEFT]
USAA's 18.8% bonus equals highest ever - San Antonio Express-News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,026,845 times
I think it's great. I'm a USAA customer and I'm very happy with their service and think they deserve every penny. I bet it makes a huge difference in their lives, too.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,998,978 times
It's nice to see a company appreciate their employees!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:13 AM

321 posts, read 1,069,395 times
Sounds great if there are no caveats so here is a question. Does anyone know if USAA's salaries across all levels and departments tend to be lower than comparable positions at other companies? Their justification would be that you'll make up for it with a likely yearly bonus. Other examples of companies doing this is say when you get offered a choice of a lower salary with higher stock options or higher salary with less stock options or if you are in sales you can get offered a smaller salary with a possible bigger income based on your performance or the company's performance. If USAA's salaries are already on par with the industry and you still get a sizeable bonus then sounds like a great place to work.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanStelle View Post
Sounds great if there are no caveats so here is a question. Does anyone know if USAA's salaries across all levels and departments tend to be lower than comparable positions at other companies? Their justification would be that you'll make up for it with a likely yearly bonus. Other examples of companies doing this is say when you get offered a choice of a lower salary with higher stock options or higher salary with less stock options or if you are in sales you can get offered a smaller salary with a possible bigger income based on your performance or the company's performance. If USAA's salaries are already on par with the industry and you still get a sizeable bonus then sounds like a great place to work.
I started working there this year, working in the claims department(taking reports and handling single vehicle, no inj claims) and I am making 14.00 an hour, any time working after 6 we get 30% shift differential, any time Saturday or Sunday as well. At the start of the year, we got 24 hours of "flex" time, starting off with earning 5 hours of pto every check, Get a paid holiday every 1/4, paid off all major holidays. Last years christmas bonus was an extra two weeks of pay, also at christmas we go an extra two days paid off.

I had no insurance experience, no college degree. Yes working in a call center enviroment can be annoying at times, but what job cant?

Old 01-30-2013, 09:24 AM

172 posts, read 238,527 times
I need to get me a job working there. Allegedly my company will be giving out bonuses, but we will be lucking if its 25% of what USAA is giving out and our company definitely has higher profits.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 AM

6,705 posts, read 8,775,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMorris82 View Post
I need to get me a job working there. Allegedly my company will be giving out bonuses, but we will be lucking if its 25% of what USAA is giving out and our company definitely has higher profits.
I value job stability over big fat bonuses which is one reason why I wouldn't work at USAA but it is still awesome that they do this. I am happy for the people that work there.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,474,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
I started working there this year, working in the claims department(taking reports and handling single vehicle, no inj claims) and I am making 14.00 an hour, any time working after 6 we get 30% shift differential, any time Saturday or Sunday as well. At the start of the year, we got 24 hours of "flex" time, starting off with earning 5 hours of pto every check, Get a paid holiday every 1/4, paid off all major holidays. Last years christmas bonus was an extra two weeks of pay, also at christmas we go an extra two days paid off.

I had no insurance experience, no college degree. Yes working in a call center enviroment can be annoying at times, but what job cant?
This makes me feel bad. LOL. I couldn't get an interview with USAA before my bachelor's degree, after my bachelor's degree, and now that I'm almost finished with a master's. I've applied a couple of dozen times. Were you formerly in the military?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 AM

4,433 posts, read 5,346,276 times
USAA is a great company my only issue is i wish they would put some of that into a retirement account of some kind. The company I currently work for puts 15% of your total compensation they, take a snap shot then what 15% is, then place into a retirement account without having the employee putting in one penny. We also get a June bonus that ranges from 4-10% (depending on profitability) and then a December bonus set at 6%. (the longer you work here the larger the percentage)

Old 01-30-2013, 10:45 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
USAA is a great company my only issue is i wish they would put some of that into a retirement account of some kind. The company I currently work for puts 15% of your total compensation they, take a snap shot then what 15% is, then place into a retirement account without having the employee putting in one penny. We also get a June bonus that ranges from 4-10% (depending on profitability) and then a December bonus set at 6%. (the longer you work here the larger the percentage)
USAA will match up to 8% of your salery for a 401k

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
This makes me feel bad. LOL. I couldn't get an interview with USAA before my bachelor's degree, after my bachelor's degree, and now that I'm almost finished with a master's. I've applied a couple of dozen times. Were you formerly in the military?
No, but I do have 15 years of customer service experence, It took me 3 interview to get in, and I am in one of the lowest positions while still being a USAA employee, and not a contractor
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio