U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 05:20 PM

275 posts, read 855,691 times

Advertisements

Hello to everybody, i am a spaniard who is planning to go to San Antonio from feb. 7th-feb. 10th.

Now im living in Mexico City and i will take a flight to Reynosa where im going to cross to McAllen and them ride up to San Antonio. The trueth is that is the cheapest way to travel from Mexico City to San Antonio.

Many times i have gone with my family, but in this ocation i will travel alone so im looking for differente things. The main objective of my trip is to make some shopping at La Cantera, The Rim, North Star Mall, San Marcos, maybe Burlington, and Ingram Mall. I read many days ago that Nordstrom Rack opened a 2nd. store in San Antonio, very close to the downtown where i can find El Alamo, and that famous river. I think i have everything under control, except some few doubts:

- It is illegal to sleep on a car at a private parking lot, as for example Wal Mart? I would like to do this to procure that the unique expenses will be shopping and eating. Of course, maybe one day i will sleep on a hotel.

- Does in San Antonio exists the typical european "hostal" where you only go to sleep, and its over?

- I was reading that exist nightclubs as IVY Rooftrop, but i would like to go to some nightclubs where i can find girls from 18 y.o., and if they are easy better, but i dont want "gangsta places".

* Im bringing all the good attitude to expend my money in San Antonio, enjoy, respect, and have fun

I will be a pleasure to read your recommendations.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 05:34 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,431,227 times
Lol! There is no shortage of easy women.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:43 PM

10,373 posts, read 12,643,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluisito View Post
- It is illegal to sleep on a car at a private parking lot, as for example Wal Mart?

Thanks!!!
I never considered that before, but I guess it wouldn't be illegal if the store was open 24-hours. However, I think it would be safer to sleep inside the car rather than on top of the car.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:15 AM

275 posts, read 855,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I never considered that before, but I guess it wouldn't be illegal if the store was open 24-hours. However, I think it would be safer to sleep inside the car rather than on top of the car.
Ay compadre!!! Typical arrogant comment. As you can notice, my dear, im not a native english speaker, and i could have problems using some words wrongly.

If you dont have intersting things to say, try not to do that.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:23 AM

3,669 posts, read 5,892,452 times
Instantly my wife was not impressed with Nordstrom Rack and we have even heard from others that Norstrom Rack in other places are better. It was also a mess of a zoo when we went.

Wal-Mart encourages RVs to stay on their lot overnight but if I were you I would let security know because they do patrol the lot and might call management and they the police because cars and RVs are not the saken

Old 02-02-2013, 07:53 AM

6,125 posts, read 8,576,151 times
Quote:
- It is illegal to sleep on a car at a private parking lot, as for example Wal Mart? I would like to do this to procure that the unique expenses will be shopping and eating. Of course, maybe one day i will sleep on a hotel.
I think you mean in since "en" in Spanish translates to both. Sleeping in the car at Wal-Mart, per say, probably isn't illegal. I think I see trucks and RVs parked there at times. Depending on your budget, though, you should be able to find something near any of the areas you have mentioned.
Quote:
- Does in San Antonio exists the typical european "hostal" where you only go to sleep, and its over?
I have never seen them.
Quote:
- I was reading that exist nightclubs as IVY Rooftrop, but i would like to go to some nightclubs where i can find girls from 18 y.o., and if they are easy better, but i dont want "gangsta places".
The Ivy is small. Every time I have been there it's been more tight knit groups than people looking to hook-up. Even though you don't like the "Gangsta" time of places that's most likely where you'll find the girl you are looking for. Check somewhere like Graham Central Station.

The Nordstrom Rack at the Quarry is not nearly as nice as the one at La Cantera. If you are making a stop at La Cantera I would suggest going to that Rack instead of the one at the Quarry. The places you are planning on shopping at are all pretty spread out.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM

674 posts, read 1,615,683 times
Quote:
Ay compadre!!! Typical arrogant comment. As you can notice, my dear, im not a native english speaker, and i could have problems using some words wrongly.

I agree.

I'm not sure if it's illegal to sleep in a car. But many years ago, when I was pregnant (and very sleepy), I took a nap in my car. A police officer tapped on my window to see if I was ok! Now, in a 24 hour Walmart parking lot, you might be less noticeable. Merovee had some good info.

I don't know of any hostels in SATX. I've stayed in a couple in Europe and I just don't think SATX is that kind of touristy place where young people spend summers...I could be wrong. I've just never really known of any here.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:11 AM

1,571 posts, read 2,522,102 times
If you like nightlife with plenty of young people, you should check out Austin, TX, about an hour and a half drive from San Antonio. 6th Street is full of 18-24 year olds on Friday/Saturday nights. Welcome to Texas!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 AM

11,131 posts, read 20,251,002 times
I was looking on Priceline and there were a couple of motels that were $31/night and that includes breakfast (continental breakfast at hotels is never great though). That would probably be more comfy than sleeping in the car, and if you're lucky enough to find the easy girl(s) you're looking for, it would be good to have a hotel room to invite them back to.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:58 AM

10,373 posts, read 12,643,680 times
Quote:

Now I think this whole thread is a joke. I'm not buying it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or