Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 06:39 PM

276 posts, read 970,073 times

Advertisements

Our whole family uses Sprint. We live in the 1604/Potranco area. Recently we have noticed our Sprint reception has dramatically gone to hell. We used to get full bars on our phones, now we're lucky to get 2 or maybe 3. The signal goes up and down. It effects both the phone and web connection.

At first I though it was just my phone. But all of us have different makes and models and we're all having the same problems.

There's nothing new in our house or any new construction of any buildings that would interfere with the signal.

Anyone else having these issues?

Thanks for reading and responding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 07:14 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Yep. I recently (in January) switched from AT&T to Sprint, on the iPhone. I had been with AT&T for about 7 years, the last 2-1/2 with the iPhone. Got so sick of AT&T and their garbage, that I switched to Sprint without investigating first. Seriously HATE to admit it, but Sprint's network (at least for 3g/iPhone) sucks. My daughter's iPhone 4 on AT&T is 2-3 times faster than my 4s on Sprint. Sad, really, since I'm locked in for the remainder of the 2 years with Sprint.

Hopefully it'll get better?????? (Oh, and I'm in the same area as you, but I notice it everywhere.)

Old 03-18-2012, 07:18 PM

276 posts, read 970,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules07 View Post
Yep. I recently (in January) switched from AT&T to Sprint...
I've been in this part of town since the 1990s and have had Sprint for 12 years. The degradation I (think) that I am seeing started recently. Before that I had no issues with Sprint.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:22 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,554,592 times
Could it be cuz Sprint picked up the iPhone back in October (IIRC)??? Honestly asking, I have NO clue on these things.

I really WANT to love Sprint. I really do. Cuz I freakin' hate AT&T. Sprint's customer service has been FAR superior to AT&T so far. It's just that darned internet speed. Which is vital to a smart phone.

And yeah, we've been here since the late '90's. LOTTSA things have changed, eh?? (Some good, some notso much.)

Old 03-18-2012, 08:02 PM

475 posts, read 1,094,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot Owl View Post
I've been in this part of town since the 1990s and have had Sprint for 12 years. The degradation I (think) that I am seeing started recently. Before that I had no issues with Sprint.
It would be interesting to note when exactly you started having issues and if you are outside or inside 1604. Perhaps the tower you primarily connect to has problems or perhaps what you are experiencing has something to do with their "Network Vision" rollout that is occuring right now in San Antonio.

Supposedly, by sometime this summer, we should have better 3G coverage along with a brand new LTE network. Your current phone (or iPhone for Jules07) won't work on the LTE network, but hopefully the 3G network improves enough. You can see what Sprint has planned in your area at the following site:

https://network.sprint.com/search/78251/

Old 03-18-2012, 09:05 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,786 times
We have sprint and have noticed the same problems. Hubby and I have the evo and our son has the iphone. Its been the past couple months. The Internet is much slower than it used to be as well. Doesn't matter where we are in town either.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:13 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,046,678 times
Ditto, having the same issues with Sprint, it has gotten worse recently.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:23 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,986 times
Wonder if it has anything to do with the recent solar activity? I have noticed recently that my DirectTV signal is acting up every now and then...like today...has a weak signal due to the clolud cover, but it's never been bad enough to knock out the signal...until today. Figures.

Press Release: Increased Solar Activity Could Cause Major Economic Harm Warns Igor Purlantov

Old 03-19-2012, 01:03 PM

208 posts, read 381,426 times
According to "those in the know", the reason for our dismal service is due to the rollout of the IPhone on the Sprint network. The bandwidth that we all share is being eaten up by the IPhone users soooo, it actually causes everyone's internet speeds to decrease. Like earlier commented on, San Antonio is listed as one of the first 4 US Sprint cities being upgraded to the LTE network. Will it make things better??? No idea. Will it actually happen?? Your guess is as good as mine. When I first picked up my EVO I was told 4G was coming very soon. Did it?? Noooooo, it never materialized. So I now take everything I read, dealing with Sprint, with a grain of salt. For my fellow EVO users, stop by goodandevo.com to keep up with all that is EVO.

Old 03-19-2012, 02:07 PM

890 posts, read 1,849,730 times
My Verizon phone works great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio