Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:46 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times

Advertisements

dmarie, you experienced it too?!!! Dang!!! At the same location? I mean, how hard is it to wok a little chicken and throw it in with some darned noodles (since that's ALL that was in the lo mein)?!! We'll see if they respond to my email. If not, we surely won't be back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 06:50 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,323,735 times
Yes- same location. It was insane. I couldn't believe it. This is the crazy part. I ordered crab rangoon and honey chicken with brown rice- the kid had honey chicken with noodles. Why was my order out so much faster? They blamed it on a kitchen mix-up- her food accidently went to another customer... but we shouldn't have had to ask three times to get it. You should always serve kids first! They become unruly if they have to wait. That is the only bad experience I've had at that Pei Wei.

Old 02-14-2008, 06:53 PM

You know, it frustrates me in general when food doesn't come out together. Proper etiquette is to wait until everyone at the table is served. I know it's their style, but they should work on their timing. I've gone with my boyfriend, just the two of us, and our food comes out staggered. I let it go becuase I am in love with their honey chicken. There are tons of delivery places in this area, House of Pizza and China Garden... but I have a weakness for their honey chicken. Also the Brown Rice. I would go all the way to PF Chang's for the brown rice, but now I don't have to. I started just ordering it to go and picking it up... until I read this thread I didn't realize the portions were smaller. Geez. Maybe I need to start looking for new honey chicken and brown rice.

Old 02-14-2008, 07:12 PM

732 posts, read 3,552,587 times
As I'm typing this I'm just waiting for hubby to pick up our order from Pei Wei. So far, we're just luke-warm about their food (Asia Kitchen on Marbach and 410 is SO much better but their swamped and not taking orders tonight until later....sigh....) I'm hoping the food is okay tonight....

I've looked for the House of Pizza website and it seems to be down - are they still open? Do they have a new website - I'd like to check out their menu.....

Old 02-14-2008, 07:32 PM

I have eatten at Asia Kitchen a few times and I like it, but it doesn't even compare to Pei Wei. I have gone there for lunch, and they are always packed, and it's a huge place so I guess most people must love it. I have friends that are obsessed with it. I dunno.
I have ordered from House of Pizza but not for a while. The House of Pizza. I prefere China Garden is great. You can order online and it's really cool... click what you want, included extras or exclusions and they deliver. Very user friendly and fresher food than house of pizza, IMO.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:29 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Oddly enough, we have that happen all the time at Rome's Pizza on Bandera...

Cheers! M2

Old 02-20-2008, 03:43 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,552,553 times
Default Update on our "experience"

Well, today I got a reply from my email "comment" about our experience at Pei Wei last week. I have to say, it was the most professional, highly courteous and respectful, best "customer service" response that I have ever received. The gentleman did not try to make excuses for the less than perfect service that we received, apologized for it, and reassured about their company policy regarding service. I am seriously impressed! Alot of companies could learn from his example.

Will definitely be giving them another shot!

Old 02-22-2008, 02:18 PM

226 posts, read 865,515 times
I love Pei Wei, its so well kept. Food is delicious and the service is great too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio