Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 04:21 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMorris82 View Post
Will be really hard that is good and cheap. Personally I love Kennedys Chicago Pizza.
We tried the one on 281 and while it wasn't "cheap" I thought it was really good. The only authentic Chicago pizza I've ever had was at Gino's and it was incredibly good (naturally!) but I would not turn my nose up at Kennedy's at all. I have friends who've eaten at the 151 location ( or wherever it is on the NW side) and they didn't like it at all. I guess it's pretty bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2013, 10:03 PM

1,004 posts, read 1,620,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
You can't really 'make' Chicago style at home unless you've got the exact oven needed to bake, the water supply that the Chicago metro has and other ingredients that come from likely Chicagoland suppliers. Don't get me wrong: You can make a lovely facsimile, but it's just not what you're going to get from the original Uno, Due or Genos.

In San Antonio, we have no decent Chicago-style pie. Kennedy's is pure poser (and yes, I'm a native Chicagoan). We do, however, have some fantastic Chicago Italian dipped beef and hotdog places... That gets me by

BN
Totally agree !
Also, one time I had some good pizza was at a place downtown close
to the Majestic Theater. I don't recall the name. They were Italians
from New York. The second time was in Memphis. They were Italians
from Chicago. Not too friendly.... but the pizza was great ! Ever since
I been looking for that style of pizza in S.A. & all the current ones don't
come close. To those that have tasted the pizza that I'm talking about
would understand.
Btw: I went online to get all the right ingredients like the flour & such,
until I realized that without the right "oven" ...it's not gonna happen

Old 02-16-2013, 04:05 PM

62 posts, read 110,753 times
We're always looking for better pizza in SA...B.J.'s is "ok" for deep dish. Our family loves Grimaldi's the best in SA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio