U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:12 PM

852 posts, read 926,021 times

Advertisements

Well, I have my answer about USAA, don't walk, RUN as fast as you can away from these folks. I've tried to get info on thier products i.e. insurance, banking, investments since my original post and so far, I've been left on hold to rot, disconnected from them 4 times, tossed to 4 different people and I still haven't gotten the info I asked for. If this is how they are when you are trying to give them business then what's it gonna be like as a customer??? All I asked for to start was insurance quotes and they can't even handle that. WOW!!! Surprised and disappointed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

16,816 posts, read 33,144,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRenaud View Post
Well, I have my answer about USAA, don't walk, RUN as fast as you can away from these folks. I've tried to get info on thier products i.e. insurance, banking, investments since my original post and so far, I've been left on hold to rot, disconnected from them 4 times, tossed to 4 different people and I still haven't gotten the info I asked for. If this is how they are when you are trying to give them business then what's it gonna be like as a customer??? All I asked for to start was insurance quotes and they can't even handle that. WOW!!! Surprised and disappointed
I'm assuming you're not already a USAA member. If you're not already a member, the answer to the question of what you're eligible for is complicated. When you're a member, the reps can see it on the screen in front of them.

My advice is to join first, then explore the products.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 PM

852 posts, read 926,021 times
The thing is that we already had a membership number somehow. We've never used them before but they had all of our info i.e. ssn's, the hubby's DD214, DL#'s, the cars we owned and both of ou homes (have no idea where they got all of this info) so they knew what we were qualified for. I don't understand why it was so hard to just give simple quotes along with info on exactly what was/was not covered in the policies

Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM

358 posts, read 721,592 times
Quote:
The thing is that we already had a membership number somehow. We've never used them before but they had all of our info i.e. ssn's, the hubby's DD214, DL#'s, the cars we owned and both of ou homes (have no idea where they got all of this info) so they knew what we were qualified for. I don't understand why it was so hard to just give simple quotes along with info on exactly what was/was not covered in the policies
You must have some bad luck or something because USAA is one of the very best financial services companies in the nation. I'm a claims manager for another VERY large and excellent insurance/financial services company, yet I've remained personally insured with USAA for over 30 years now since I was in the Navy back in the early 80's. Like someone else said, they aren't perfect and mistakes happen, but overall I couldn't ask for a better company to insure and bank with.

I'd suggest trying again or maybe just stop into their complex (bank building) off I-10 for some personalized service rather than over the phone (if you're in San Antonio, that is).

Old 02-20-2013, 08:52 PM

211 posts, read 426,047 times
I had SSFCU years ago and would never go back after being with USAA. I had my debit card compromised with SSFCU and it was guilty until proven innocent. The same happened at USAA and it was night and day.

Old 02-21-2013, 01:56 PM

297 posts, read 622,590 times
My wife worked for USAA and we had our auto insurance with them as a result. She terminated her employment with them and we got a notice that we were no longer eligible for insurance with them and were dropped. We never had a claim or late payment or anything. So much for once a member, always a member!

Old 02-21-2013, 05:40 PM

467 posts, read 911,304 times
I'm confused....I thought the initial question was about SACU (San Antonio Credit Union) vs. USAA,...where did SSFCU (Security Service Federal Credit Union) come from?,...by the way,..I've been with SACU for over 25 Years and they never skipped a beat,..js

Old 02-21-2013, 07:14 PM

14,614 posts, read 31,154,650 times
Quote:
What has your experience been with USAA?? Thanks for your help
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco2 View Post
I'm confused....I thought the initial question was about SACU (San Antonio Credit Union) vs. USAA,...where did SSFCU (Security Service Federal Credit Union) come from?,...by the way,..I've been with SACU for over 25 Years and they never skipped a beat,..js
Nope, it wasn't. OP asked one specific question, not for a comparison, despite the thread title. The info is helpful to other locals anyway so it's all good.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 PM

358 posts, read 721,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americasman View Post
My wife worked for USAA and we had our auto insurance with them as a result. She terminated her employment with them and we got a notice that we were no longer eligible for insurance with them and were dropped. We never had a claim or late payment or anything. So much for once a member, always a member!
As far as I know you have to have military service for membership in USAA. When I became a member in 1980, you had to be an officer, but now membership has been expanded to include enlisted. If you aren't military, but are a dependent, I believe they'll insure you in their CIC subsidiary.

From your post, I would guess employees are eligible only while employed, unless they have the military qualification. In that case, I would suppose they could then end their employment, but stay insured.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:20 PM

153 posts, read 248,870 times
All I will add is, dont use your SACU card outside of SA or Austin, as it will be declined "for our protection". We explained work has us traveling outside of the area 40% of the time, can they waive this policy? We were told NO! Needless to say we now put 1% of our earnings in that account weekly. We would drop them but we have an auto loan and agreed to use their auto payment each month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio