Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 04:25 PM

349 posts, read 422,019 times

Advertisements

SACU blocked my card when buying a tea in a Mcdonalds in Southern Illinois. They are retarded in their policies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 04:58 PM

54 posts, read 190,900 times
SACU loves to block transactions, especially Canadian.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,399,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
I have not read through this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You shouldn't have to call to be able to access your own money, especially since.you're likely paying a fee to access your own money. I would never bank with any institution that did this. I can see a phone call from.fraud if you're 1500 miles from.home but that's where I would draw the line in the sand.

I agree.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 PM

33 posts, read 63,500 times
I bank with both SSFCU and USSA because USAA don't allow business accounts. Like both, but I have my home, auto and misc. insurance with USAA along with a credit card and banking. I have my new car financed with SSFCU cuz USAA were not real competitive with rates until recently. Love the USAA website, app and mobile deposit. I've never been or had to go to the USAA branch. SSFCU has great rates but lack certain other perks.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 AM

52 posts, read 93,403 times
SACU likes to block about 20 of the 50 states we have from online transactions. newegg? forget it. most newgg companies are CA-based. CA is on the blacklist.

a creative workaround for this is to link your paypal account to your bank account and use paypal on newegg (or wherever you have issues, assuming paypal is accepted).

Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I am not sure if the card will work in another state, but I used it in Houston and also used it overseas.
When I got the statement, I just went to a San Antonio branch and paid the bill in person. However, I don't use this card very often, so I can't say anything about the consistency of the service. I never used the ATM.
I did call them and said that I will use the card outside San Antonio. Maybe my call did the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
No, it's not MY OWN money - it's borrowed money.
your call DID make the difference, as you have to call ahead and tell SACU 'hey im going here, here and here. please lift the filter you have in place that denies me the ability to use my card there'.

also, it doesnt matter if its a debit (your money) or credit (borrowed money) card. the filters effect ALL sacu products. i am looking at moving to USAA because of this, even though i found an easy way to get around their stupid filters.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccvms View Post
My main points was defended by some posters.... SACU has a problem if you leave your city.. Most of our travel is within the great state of TX, but it is declined outside of SA because of the fear of Fraud! And they say they cant do anything to help you???????? Is that acceptable customer service????
Nope, therefore I give a big thumbs down to SACU!!
you can either 1) leave SACU (as im going to do soon) or 2) set up a paypal account and evade their ruleset or 3) call their member services and request the filters be removed from your account.

the longest they will do this is 3 months supposedly (thats the longest ive had it off my account before i found out i can avoid all that nonsense with paypal).

Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Why would ANYONE in their right mind CARE AT ALL about where someone else CHOOSES to bank???!?!?!?

To me, if we all banked at the exact same bank, it would only make the wait times longer!!! Thank GOD we do not all want to shop at the same store, bank at the same bank or live in the same place....because I doubt any of us would be happy with the issues that would create....just sayin!

Old 03-23-2013, 05:20 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
We tried RBFCU and SSFCU before we ended up with USAA. I have used USAA for 12 or 14 years now and been happy with the service.

We had a problem with identity theft 5 years ago and USAA was not wonderfully helpful with that, but I don't think any bank is. Identity theft is the one crime where you really have to scramble to prove yourself innocent.

I have to say.. this occured to me with RFBCU and they never gave me crap about anything. They took care of my situation without two words. I lean towards RBFCU any day of the week.

Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paka View Post
why would anyone in their right mind care at all about where someone else chooses to bank???!?!?!?

To me, if we all banked at the exact same bank, it would only make the wait times longer!!! Thank god we do not all want to shop at the same store, bank at the same bank or live in the same place....because i doubt any of us would be happy with the issues that would create....just sayin!
exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio