U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-24-2013, 11:15 PM
 
1,007 posts, read 1,212,255 times
Reputation: 1009

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
You keep dancing talking about irrelevant things such as paying for services. Yes, smaller agencies enjoy faster response times when they have and depend on their own agencies. I was clearly referring to those that depend on other agencies, so my statement is not false.
So now you are saying what I said was true....but I was the one (who posted first mind you) who is looking for an argument?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-24-2013, 11:54 PM
 
7,002 posts, read 10,249,891 times
Reputation: 5390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
So now you are saying what I said was true....but I was the one (who posted first mind you) who is looking for an argument?
I never said that smaller agencies have slower response times. You just took my post as a challenge because you like to argue. And, actually, you first responded to something Bo said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-24-2013, 11:55 PM
 
1,007 posts, read 1,212,255 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by L210 View Post
I never said that smaller agencies have slower response times. You just took my post as a challenge because you like to argue. And, actually, you first responded to something Bo said.
You said what you said and I said what I said. It is up there for all to see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2013, 12:06 AM
 
7,002 posts, read 10,249,891 times
Reputation: 5390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
You said what you said and I said what I said. It is up there for all to see.
Anyone who can read at the 5th grade level can see that I was referring to cities that depend on outside agencies. How can they have faster response times when they don't even use their own agencies in the first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM
 
5,623 posts, read 6,414,616 times
Reputation: 3593
L210: I think when anyone is a policeman (or in any other LE related field) for awhile, they eventually start to think they are always right. Blame the system for that. It is always their word against yours in court, so they think that applies here as well apparently.

Now that is out of the way...I wanted to say something on topic.

All the little cities around SA can stay the way they are in my opinion. Most of the people in Helotes, SV, HP, BH probably spend over 80% of their money in SA limits. I really don't see why SA feels the need to keep adding on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2013, 01:00 PM
 
1,007 posts, read 1,212,255 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
L210: I think when anyone is a policeman (or in any other LE related field) for awhile, they eventually start to think they are always right. Blame the system for that. It is always their word against yours in court, so they think that applies here as well apparently.

Now that is out of the way...I wanted to say something on topic.

All the little cities around SA can stay the way they are in my opinion. Most of the people in Helotes, SV, HP, BH probably spend over 80% of their money in SA limits. I really don't see why SA feels the need to keep adding on.
You do realize L210 is (or has been) in an LE related field?

Cops deal in facts, that is why they often act the way they do. Most people have a real hard time seperating feelings from facts. The two styles will almost always be in conflict...but one of them does produce more accurate results.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 PM
 
5,623 posts, read 6,414,616 times
Reputation: 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
You do realize L210 is (or has been) in an LE related field?

Cops deal in facts, that is why they often act the way they do. Most people have a real hard time seperating feelings from facts. The two styles will almost always be in conflict...but one of them does produce more accurate results.
It doesn't matter if L210 is in LE or not, it does not change how I feel about you jumping down everyone's throat every time someone says something about cop actions.

When you say cops deal in facts, is that always the case? Sure, many do but don't make a blanket statement like that.

I usually agree with some of your posts, but sometimes I can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 PM
 
1,007 posts, read 1,212,255 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
It doesn't matter if L210 is in LE or not, it does not change how I feel about you jumping down everyone's throat every time someone says something about cop actions.

When you say cops deal in facts, is that always the case? Sure, many do but don't make a blanket statement like that.
Well, at least you are honest about it being your feelings.

The other side of that is, some people might actually be interested in the facts behind the issue. Something I am highly qualified to speak about. If people dont like that or still have strong feelings one way or the other about it, so be it. Once again, playing the exception card doesnt change the overwhelming why and how of the issue.

People often see facts that dont agree with how they feel as an attack. I am not attacking anyone. If authoritative information and facts that are or could easily be proven make you uncomfortable, I cant do anything about that but I would be glad to help if I can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:57 PM
 
5,623 posts, read 6,414,616 times
Reputation: 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neshomamench View Post
Well, at least you are honest about it being your feelings.

The other side of that is, some people might actually be interested in the facts behind the issue. Something I am highly qualified to speak about. If people dont like that or still have strong feelings one way or the other about it, so be it. Once again, playing the exception card doesnt change the overwhelming why and how of the issue.

People often see facts that dont agree with how they feel as an attack. I am not attacking anyone. If authoritative information and facts that are or could easily be proven make you uncomfortable, I cant do anything about that but I would be glad to help if I can.
I am not sure what you are highly qualified to talk about. I don't know you in person, nor do you know me in person.

You still haven't answered my question though. Do all cops deal in facts only? Simple Yes or No will do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2013, 03:12 PM
 
1,007 posts, read 1,212,255 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTx View Post
I am not sure what you are highly qualified to talk about. I don't know you in person, nor do you know me in person.

You still haven't answered my question though. Do all cops deal in facts only? Simple Yes or No will do.
The institution of Law Enforcement is one based on facts, to the extent that that is possible. Thus, Law Enforcement personal are trained to deal in facts and take that training with them as they carry out their duties.


That is all besides the point though. For this thread....lets review.

San Antonio can not annex an incorporated city without an agreement. That is a fact.

On average, smaller cities enjoy a shorter response time from Law Enforecment. That is a fact.

If people want to point out exceptions to any part of that, if people want to express how they feel about that, if people want to argue that, If people want to go off on a tangent about how the dog catchers in small cities smell like coconuts, fine. My statements remain facts and answer issues brought up in this thead, such as a belief that San Antonio could just annex said cities or a part of the question as to "why?" or what is an advantage of said cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:21 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top