Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 08:31 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,029,649 times

Advertisements

I was merely (passively) suggesting she wait till Monday, not the freaking rest of her life. good Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 11:16 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Forest View Post
Here's more good news... call ahead to get in line
You can also get in line online:
Driver License - Get In Line Online...Before You Go

Old 03-13-2013, 12:11 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,617,568 times
Universal City DPS is a great place, not crowded usually. Though the cop there is really strict and does not like anyone talking on a cell phone or bringing in drinks, even water, so watch that.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:13 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,272,767 times
Thanks for all the info. Since I've been driving with the wrong address for 3 years I've probably pushed my luck. I'll be getting up early Friday to head over. Intrigued by the phone and online "getting in line option" so I'm going to look at that.

Old 03-14-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeel View Post
Thanks for all the info. Since I've been driving with the wrong address for 3 years I've probably pushed my luck. I'll be getting up early Friday to head over. Intrigued by the phone and online "getting in line option" so I'm going to look at that.
Works great. I did it the first day they opened. I was able to stay at work until they texted me that my wait time was about 20 minutes. I jumped in my car, drove over, waited about 10 minutes in the waiting room, and was done and gone in under 30 minutes. Can't beat it.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:36 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,272,767 times
I'm more than 20-30 minutes away (depending on traffic). Planning on going about 8 so I can do more Spring Break stuff with my boys. Maybe I'll head that direction and stop for breakfast until they text. I know it's always going to be different but do you remember how long from the time you "got in line" until you got the text?

Old 03-14-2013, 01:50 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,500,986 times
Quote:
So my license expires Friday. Oops meant to do this weeks ago. The DPS website states Spring Break is one of the busiest times. Plus I have to go Friday when my husband is working at home and can watch the kids. Wondering if any brave soul wandered into any office this week and can give me an idea how awful it is. Trying to figure out how nice I am going to have to be to my husband to make up for not doing it while school was in session
Well crud. I read this and it hit me.....have to renew mine in the next week or so. The big 5-Ohhhh coming up at the end of the month.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 PM

293 posts, read 391,955 times
The drive beats waiting in line for a long time. I too visited the new mega center the first day it opened. I had gotten a long form birth certificate off of 90 and gen mcmullin area I think and went to that dps location and was told there was over a 2 hr wait but she directed me to the new one on bandera which was close to my house, I was in and out in 11 minutes.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I'm more than 20-30 minutes away (depending on traffic). Planning on going about 8 so I can do more Spring Break stuff with my boys. Maybe I'll head that direction and stop for breakfast until they text. I know it's always going to be different but do you remember how long from the time you "got in line" until you got the text?
It was about 20 minutes, but it was their first day, so it may be longer now. But they send you a text as soon as you sign in telling you the estimated wait and then updates periodically. And when your turn comes up, if you can't get there in time, they just bump you down the list a bit.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:20 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,194,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtea View Post
Well crud. I read this and it hit me.....have to renew mine in the next week or so. The big 5-Ohhhh coming up at the end of the month.
Did it online yesterday. Relatively painless. Print out receipt and temporary DL in one shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio