Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 01:08 AM

502 posts, read 934,025 times

Advertisements

Better than what it is now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM

184 posts, read 461,970 times
Why do you say the Theater will be trashed in a year?
I think it will be ok, they still have the Cinema Ridge Theater to trash off 410.
I also think Bandera Santikos is very nice, I mean not nice like the Theater at the RIM, but still a nice Theater always clean there never problems and not a bunch of punk kids hanging around front ha.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:18 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,016,965 times
I moved from there a year and a half ago, but we were regulars at the Silverado prior to moving....once a week, usually. We never had any problems there with cleanliness, punks, bad food, or anything. It's a nice theater.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:36 AM

502 posts, read 934,025 times
Guess my standards are different or it's gotten better. I used to frequent that theater for a year when it first opened but them it just got dirty, and the punks were everywhere! Cars were being vandalized, I was scared cause the hood moved in! Haha jk I've never gone back since the palladium opened. You put a theater by Alamo racnh I gauarantee it will turn out like cielo vista! Why? AR was a nice idea but within a half mile you have housing and sec 8. Unfourtantly when something nice is built it gets destroyed. It's sad but the demographics speak for itself.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:56 AM

340 posts, read 586,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeptech210 View Post
Guess my standards are different or it's gotten better. I used to frequent that theater for a year when it first opened but them it just got dirty, and the punks were everywhere! Cars were being vandalized, I was scared cause the hood moved in! Haha jk I've never gone back since the palladium opened. You put a theater by Alamo racnh I gauarantee it will turn out like cielo vista! Why? AR was a nice idea but within a half mile you have housing and sec 8. Unfourtantly when something nice is built it gets destroyed. It's sad but the demographics speak for itself.
So you're referencing how the theater was 7-8 years ago and applying it to how it is today.

[Mod cut: personal] I went to the Silverado when it first opened. I watched 40 Year Old Virgin, Lord of the Rings: Return of the King, Terminator 3 and many more movies there. I went there many times between its opening and the opening of the Palladium. Never did I see cars being broke into or vandalism nor any "punks". I never once thought of it as dirty or as getting dirty. [Mod cut: personal]

Heck, Tim Duncan goes to that theater when he goes to the movies. I doubt he's gonna go to a theater that's "dirty" or filled with "punks."

As for your critique of the area around Alamo Ranch and how it'll ruin the new theater... well, I think you're wrong. Incredibly wrong. But maybe you're still basing your opinion on your perception of the area from almost a decade ago.

Last edited by elnina; 03-20-2013 at 12:29 AM..

Old 03-19-2013, 02:44 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,398,571 times
Never, ever had a problem at Silverado. A nice theater in a nice area.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,817,957 times
I wouldn't have thought the area really needed another movie theater. I've never been to the Silverado and had an issue getting a seat. Course maybe they're planning for down the road rather than the here and now.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:37 AM

168 posts, read 409,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Damn!!! That was the EXACT corner I was praying it was NOT!!!

So tell me this...how is it the roadwork for 151/Alamo Ranch Parkway is stopped cold by the discovery of some stupid blind spider, and it is ok to build a movie theater on the same spot???!?!?!?

REALLY???!?!?!?!?
THANK YOU! I don't get it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio