Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 04:43 AM

6,549 posts, read 6,989,911 times

Advertisements

Is there any asian markets in San Antonio? We are traveling there this summer and would like to get some staples. Plus since DW is Korean we would like to touch base with some of the Asian population there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 AM

Maybe I didn't say this clear. Does anyone know if there are some Asian or Korean food markets in San Antonio metro? The wife and I are planning to go there this summer renting a house and would like to get some of the basic food supplies. We would also like to touch base with some Korean people in the area so that we can get a feel of the land where particulars are that are cultural. I do know about the Buddhist Temple in the area so we are good there. Generally speaking we know a lot about the city already but we would like to begin to make contacts within SA starting this summer.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:43 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,130,361 times
You said it perfectly clear, however your 1st post was at 4:45 AM, add on the the fact that its Sunday morning. Most people arn't going to be on the computer between those house. Give it time.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:06 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,378,819 times
There are multiple asian food stores around town...on the NW side, TIMS is the largest, over on the NE side near Ft Sam Houston Army Post you will find a multitude of Korean food stores and places to dine...I think you will be just FINE here in SA with your Korean urges.

So friends of ours own the BEST (IMHO) Korean restaurant in town, Il Song off of Blanco and 410), but there are lots and lots of both asians and food sources/stores here. If you have commissary privileges, you will find all the commissaries stock well for asian fare as well. Hope this helps! Welcome to SA!

Old 03-24-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
You said it perfectly clear, however your 1st post was at 4:45 AM, add on the the fact that its Sunday morning. Most people arn't going to be on the computer between those house. Give it time.

It was 6am when I posted it . Does everyone sleep in? Yes I know it is Sunday. Anyway I saw that Paka answered that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
There are multiple asian food stores around town...on the NW side, TIMS is the largest, over on the NE side near Ft Sam Houston Army Post you will find a multitude of Korean food stores and places to dine...I think you will be just FINE here in SA with your Korean urges.

So friends of ours own the BEST (IMHO) Korean restaurant in town, Il Song off of Blanco and 410), but there are lots and lots of both asians and food sources/stores here. If you have commissary privileges, you will find all the commissaries stock well for asian fare as well. Hope this helps! Welcome to SA!

I saw Tim's Oriental and Sea Food Market. I wasn't sure that it was a supermarket. The name confused me. I see that it is about 8 miles from you Paka. Looks like it is a good location for us. We are still heading out there in July. We may bring another couple with us. They are friends that we have been in business with. We also went on a cruise together that started out to be a nightmare, became very expensive and still we had fun.

We will have commisary privelages so when we move there (if we do, I have to keep that in mind), that we will be able to enjoy the commisary too. We will probably go out to eat at least once while we are there. Right now I am looking at renting a house not far from where you are Paka. Probably just 7 miles NE of you.

It does answer it quite nicely.

Oh and to Me007gold. I am sorry. After I read it I wasn't sure that it was clear. I had seen about 25 views to it when I posted the second time.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:52 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,378,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfingduo View Post
It was 6am when I posted it . Does everyone sleep in? Yes I know it is Sunday. Anyway I saw that Paka answered that.

I saw Tim's Oriental and Sea Food Market. I wasn't sure that it was a supermarket. The name confused me. I see that it is about 8 miles from you Paka. Looks like it is a good location for us. We are still heading out there in July. We may bring another couple with us. They are friends that we have been in business with. We also went on a cruise together that started out to be a nightmare, became very expensive and still we had fun.

We will have commisary privelages so when we move there (if we do, I have to keep that in mind), that we will be able to enjoy the commisary too. We will probably go out to eat at least once while we are there. Right now I am looking at renting a house not far from where you are Paka. Probably just 7 miles NE of you.

It does answer it quite nicely.

Oh and to Me007gold. I am sorry. After I read it I wasn't sure that it was clear. I had seen about 25 views to it when I posted the second time.
No problem....did not even notice that it was you that posted, just trying to help out. LOL

Can't wait to meet you and the wife and host you to some TRUE Texas hospitality...that is what this Forum SHOULD be about...helping each other out and sharing positive info!!!! LOL Got your DM before I checked and saw it was YOU! LOL Don't bother to send your rice cooker, you can use ours (8 cup capacity) while here, no sweat!!!

YES, while you guys are here visiting we WILL take you to Il Song for sure...the BEST folks and VERY good food!!! Looking forward to your trip and getting to show you and your friends around SA (and hopefully adding you to our wonderful neighborhood!)

Old 03-24-2013, 02:20 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,408,567 times
I always thought of the rittiman road area as having the highest concentrations of Korean/ Asian markets. It seems to be centered around the intersections of harry wurzbach and then IH 35.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:42 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,970,541 times
There are 2 Korean food stores in the area that I know of:

Seoul Food Market 1027 Rittiman Rd
Seoul Oriental Food Market - San Antonio, TX

Korean Market 6210 Fairdale Dr
Korean Market - San Antonio, TX

Just an hour and a half drive's north in Austin there are 2 markets (Hana World is very big)

Han Yang Market 6808 N Lamar Blvd
Han Yang Market - Brentwood - Austin, TX

Hana World Market
Hana World Market - Lamplight Village - Austin, TX
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio