Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:05 AM

7,629 posts, read 16,382,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro72 View Post
I would recommend Sea World over Six Flags. The Six Flags here in the Summer gets pretty ghetto.
I DO know that Fiesta Texas in summer can get VERY hot because it is in an old "quarry" area and it seems that this blocks airflow (at least to me) PLUS the fact it is crawling with teenagers....given the age group you want to entertain, that might be an issue.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:23 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,299,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quovadimis View Post
Not sure if you've been to Sea World Orlando but be aware that Sea World San Antonio is much smaller than the one in Orlando. I haven't been to the watermarks.
Sea World San Antonio is the largest park in the Sea World chain.

San Antonio 250 Acres

Orlando 200 Acres

San Diego 189 Acres

Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post

San Antonio 250 Acres

Orlando 200 Acres

San Diego 189 Acres
Tried to rep ya but gotta spread the love!!! GREAT post!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 AM

475 posts, read 1,089,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post

San Antonio 250 Acres

Orlando 200 Acres

San Diego 189 Acres
You are of course correct in terms of physical size, although if you include Discovery Cove and Aquatica in Orlando, that is the largest "complex" of the three. In fact, the Orlando number only includes the actual Sea World park, while the San Antonio number includes the waterpark.

In any case, I think the poster probably meant to say that the other locations have more "things to do," which is probably true. Both Orlando and San Diego have far more animal exhibits and nicer implementations of some rides (e.g. Journey to Atlantis). However, San Antonio may have more rides in total and has IMHO a nicer ambiance due to the large number of native trees. Plus, if the crowds here are thought to be large, imagine a far greater number at the other locations with narrower passage ways in many cases.

To the OP, I would say Sea World may be the better choice for your children now, with Six Flags to be the more appropriate in a few years... unless of course you can do both.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity View Post
You are of course correct in terms of physical size, although if you include Discovery Cove and Aquatica in Orlando, that is the largest "complex" of the three. In fact, the Orlando number only includes the actual Sea World park, while the San Antonio number includes the waterpark.

In any case, I think the poster probably meant to say that the other locations have more "things to do," which is probably true. Both Orlando and San Diego have far more animal exhibits and nicer implementations of some rides (e.g. Journey to Atlantis). However, San Antonio may have more rides in total and has IMHO a nicer ambiance due to the large number of native trees. Plus, if the crowds here are thought to be large, imagine a far greater number at the other locations with narrower passage ways in many cases.

OK....let's assume you are correct with the above statements...OP is looking where to take the YOUNGER kids visiting for MAXIMUM enjoyment in SA...not looking to buy a ticket to San Diego or Orlando....so again, SEAWORLD SA wins for that age group!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 AM

475 posts, read 1,089,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
OK....let's assume you are correct with the above statements...OP is looking where to take the YOUNGER kids visiting for MAXIMUM enjoyment in SA...not looking to buy a ticket to San Diego or Orlando....so again, SEAWORLD SA wins for that age group!
Yes you are correct, and that is what I recommend as well. My other sentences were just to give my perspective on Rynetwo's numbers. Cheers!

Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,603,746 times
Thank you all for your comments, my question did not mean I might not spend a day at each but keeping the little one entertained is the main point so I will have to think hard about Six Flags. Sea World seems doable. I'm retire military so I'm sure I can pick up some coupons

Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 PM

546 posts, read 1,493,891 times
I have held season passes for both since 2012. I just renewed mine for both parks. I will say that I like sea world for my little guy. He is 3 and being able to entertain him is so much easier at sea world. Fiesta Texas is usually crawling with tons of rude teenagers that arent really on the look out for smaller kiddos. The child rides at FT are spread out. The layout at sea world has the bay of play and all the kid rides are grouped in one location. My son loves the shamu coaster as it takes your picture just like the big roller coasters. He even puts his hands up. I will say that both parks have started to nickle and dime like crazy. Aquatica is worth the price. The baby pool area has lots of soft play slides and things for the little ones. The kids between 5-8 have a lot of slides and attractions at aquatica. The lazy river is nice for any age. My son was not a fan of the wave pool too noisy. They do have real sand at aquatica so much like the beach expect that on everything you own . Hope this helps.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:18 PM

8,578 posts, read 7,043,152 times
I worked behind the scenes for three seasons at Fiesta Texas and had a season pass to SeaWorld. I'd recommend visiting SeaWorld over Fiesta Texas. All the posts in this thread regarding the throngs of teenagers at Fiesta Texas are accurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio