Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 PM

2,089 posts, read 3,906,520 times

Advertisements

I'll list some educational and recreational endevours:

- The Spurs, go to a game.

- A couple of really good golf courses are located in San Antonio; The Texas Open is played in late March/early April.

- Fort Sam Houston, University of Texas at San Antonio, Institute of Texan Cultures, and the South Texas Medical Center. Each facility has historical programs and cultural exhibitions.

- Bandera, Boerne, Kerrville and the Hill Country. The area is full of natural beauty, Texas history, dude ranches with their cowboy culture, local restaurants, antique shops, and quaint bed-and-breakfasts.

- Local Texas music, found in live clubs all over the San Antonio area; Gruene Hall, an old famous dance hall in New Braunfels.

Last edited by Danbo1957; 03-26-2013 at 03:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM

112 posts, read 181,000 times
Thank you for all the wonderful ideas. I"m writing them all down.

Unfortunately I can only visit in July or August because I'm a teacher so I know it will be brutally hot there.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,108,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2? View Post
Unfortunately I can only visit in July or August because I'm a teacher so I know it will be brutally hot there.
If you're not an early riser, force yourself to be one during the week you're here. It's NOT brutally hot in the mornings here, so get up early and head out the door for any outdoor activities you have planned. It'll be easier than you think, since you're used to the Eastern Time Zone and we're an hour behind what you're used to.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,074,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i am a local, i sure need to get out more.
i only been to the riverwalk.
never heard of segway tour, botanical garden, luminary, i need to get out more for sure. i have seen the big tower from a distance. never been in there. never been to witte either.
Torpedos, you live in a terrific city. Take some time to explore it, learn about it and enjoy it. Just think, you actually live there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Not to worry, there was a time in our lives when we were JUST LIKE YOU!!! It all changed when we moved to Hawaii and lived in Honolulu for 4 yrs and LEARNED to take the time to be a tourist!!! OMG!!!! you are AMAZED at the things people spend $$$$$ to come here and enjoy!!! And ALL at your fingertips!!!!

Time for YOU to play tourista!
Paka, I couldn't rep you for this one. Great post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio