U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Status: "joined in 2014 ...knows first class flyer. ..hmmm" (set 1 day ago)

13,585 posts, read 21,221,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Scobee Planetarium (http://www.accd.edu/sac/ce/scobee/ - broken link), looks cool, thanks for the tip sapphire!

Cheers! M2
You're welcome. It's actually pretty cool--check the website for special events and then grab the kids and go. There are some very knowledgeable parking lot astronomers out there that will take all the time you want to let you look through their scopes.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 06:21 PM

933 posts, read 1,337,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
You're welcome. It's actually pretty cool--check the website for special events and then grab the kids and go. There are some very knowledgeable parking lot astronomers out there that will take all the time you want to let you look through their scopes.
oh very cool! i love parking lot astronomers!!! well, and the degreed ones too.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Status: "joined in 2014 ...knows first class flyer. ..hmmm" (set 1 day ago)

13,585 posts, read 21,221,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spamatdan View Post
oh very cool! i love parking lot astronomers!!! well, and the degreed ones too.
Actually, most of them are probably degreed. They are all very nice, too! They were so very welcoming on the night we went to see Saturn in all its splendor. Their enthusiasm is almost contagious! The giant new telescope is amazing, and they are very proud of it.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:41 PM

3,542 posts, read 5,462,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
We are going to the Fossil Rim Wildlife Center this weekend up near Dallas (there was a GREAT article in the paper about a month or so ago on it and it looked like such a neat place we booked that day) and I am hoping since it is an 1800 acre place and we are staying in the lodge that we get to see loooooootttsss of stars for the night!

I am SO praying it is a clear night this Sat evening!
Y'all should be fine -- we've gone 8 days without a cloud -- I'll go speak with my top secret weather dept to try and squeeze out a clear night for ya.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:37 AM

5,714 posts, read 8,565,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonySA View Post
Y'all should be fine -- we've gone 8 days without a cloud -- I'll go speak with my top secret weather dept to try and squeeze out a clear night for ya.
No wonder I love you! Weather to order...your the BEST!!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:46 PM

112 posts, read 225,029 times
If you are driving to Fossil Rim, you should drive up 281 and cut through Hico to 67. Its a beautiful drive. There used to be great catfish restuarant on 67 near fossil rim with sawdust floors, big hardwood tables, and real lemonade.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:59 PM

5,714 posts, read 8,565,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerale View Post
If you are driving to Fossil Rim, you should drive up 281 and cut through Hico to 67. Its a beautiful drive. There used to be great catfish restuarant on 67 near fossil rim with sawdust floors, big hardwood tables, and real lemonade.
Oh what a great idea...thanks, think we will do that.
Do you (or anyone else) know the name of the place??? Catfish sounds like a nice idea. Would I know it if I saw it without knowing the name??? (Like does the sign say catfish or something??? Anything to help find such a great place to stop for lunch would be most appreciated!

Old 11-16-2007, 12:45 AM

28 posts, read 181,124 times
Default Where to watch annual Leonid meteor shower?

I just heard 10PM Saturday would be the time when the Leonid meteor shower peaks:

MySA.com: Metro | State (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA111207.6R.skywatch.25f216e.html - broken link)

Anyone knows if Eisenhower Park at NW Military a dark enough spot for watching the show?

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio