U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 09:12 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,642,163 times

Advertisements

I drive through Alamo Ranch earlier today and was... IMPRESSED.

One thing that shocked me was the size of it. I wasn't expecting it to be that big, one of the reason I did get to explore it all.

One of the best things about it were the design of the roads. Alamo Ranch Parkway was the main north to south artiery for Alamo Ranch and I was able to see the intersections at Lone Star Parkway and another Parkway (can't remember the name but it was north of Lone Star Parkway) and I must say those intersections are probably the best designed intersections in San Antonio.

I must say, the city needs to get started on widening Culebra ASAP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2006, 09:24 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,343,533 times
Default Alamo Ranch

The south side, Pulte homes is nicer. Pulte has also started building their Del Webb retirement community in the southwest corner. DR Horton is building on the north side and was recently sued by the city for removing too many trees. You can definitely tell the difference between both sides of the road. Interesting in that both builders have houses up to the 300's, and Pulte would be a better deal.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:25 PM

2 posts, read 21,725 times
Very interesting 210 , thanks for posting that. I have been wondering how big Stevens Ranch was going to be.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 AM

260 posts, read 1,020,936 times
Default I own in the Pulte Alamo Ranch

We moved here in August and were actually the first to buy. I happened upon AR as I had been working at Wilford Hall last year and had been looking for master planned communities...something very common where I grew up in South California and also in Phoenix but not so popular in San Antonio, apparently.

Anyway, when I read about Alamo ranch in an obscure homebuilder association website article I decided to contact Pulte (they owned all the land at that time before selling pieces off to DR Horton and Ventana, and Pacific Homes). I am sure I annoyed them, but it was worth it as we got the skinny on the deal despite their tight-lipped stance.

We moved in last August. Yes HOA is $700 for most of Pulte part and $1200/yr for the Dell Webb Active Adult area. The word is that they are going to connect the Alamor Ranch Parkway with the 151, but no word on when, exactly. Also, there is going to be on the Pulte side, a water park type ammenity center complete with waterslide, and a huge Cowboy hat thing that dumps loads of water down on those playing beneath it. A couple socce fields and jungle gyms and an amenity building as well.

Seriously, when I come home from work (I am an intern medical doctor doing my anesthesiology residency at Wilford Hall) and I pull off the 1604 into Alamo Ranch is seems like I am leaving San Antonio and going on a vacation to some resort community. I mean it is so GREEN and BIG TREES and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN which is not what you see elsewhere in town, unfortunately. It is peaceful with birds, fresh air, and good neighbors so far in Pulte. I don't know what the people are like in DR Horton, but I probably can say with confidence that we have a professional community going on here in Pulte AR which suits me well as that's what I am so I have a lot in common with my neighbors and we all like eachother.

So that's that. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by AirForceDoc; 10-26-2006 at 09:52 AM..

Old 10-26-2006, 12:06 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,343,533 times
Default Alamo Ranch

Hello AFDoc,

You forgot to mention that Northside ISD plans to build a elementary and middle school on the Pulte side. As for connecting to 151, the only way that will happen any time soon is if it is a toll road that is being discussed. Eventually, there will be 15,000 homes in the AR.

BTW: What part of S. California did you grow up in? I grew up in West Covina and then N. Pomona before entering the AF 34 years ago.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:39 PM

260 posts, read 1,020,936 times
Grew up in a lovely little place called Malibu Canyon, specifically Calabasas. It was when I lived there a small area with pop near 20K but has grown in popularity these last 15 years or so and I think has over 100K living in it now.

Many states frown or complain about Californians moving in and "taking over" but from what I have seen, the effect of a CA influx is better retail centers, attractive master planned communities, highways, and more tax money for everybody. It happened in Utah and Idaho where my inlaws and parents moved to.
But this all could be true true unrelated (confounders).

Isn't the County Fair in Pomona?

Old 10-26-2006, 05:37 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,642,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirForceDoc View Post
The word is that they are going to connect the Alamor Ranch Parkway with the 151, but no word on when, exactly.
Do you mean connect Alamo Ranch Parkway with 211?

Because site plans for that area show that ARP will extend all the way to a extended 211.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:05 PM

119 posts, read 497,066 times
Just drove though AR and I too was impressed by its size. It kinda reminded me of The Woodlands near Houston the way it has been designed. Very nice. Does anyone know how long it will take to build that area out? After hearing so much about it I figured there would be much more developed. I thought it was pretty bare. I am moving back in 13 months and am just curious as to how much will be built and if any retail will be going up within AR in the next year. They have got to get on those roads ASAP!

Old 01-24-2007, 08:31 PM

27 posts, read 20,191 times
Default Alamo Ranch

Not exactly sure who posted and said that they were the first family in Alamo Ranch and moved in in August. We bought our lot 1 week before the grand opening, through a private sale. I have several neighbors who settled on June 23. The development is very beautiful.

They are now building David Weekly and NewMark right down the road. This will be theeee neighborhood, check out the executive series, every option you can think of is standard. The addition of this new development will only increase our property values.

Also Pulte did not own all the 3100 acres that make up Alamo Ranch, the deal was made up of many entities but the main player was Brad Galo of the locally based firm ABG Development and Galo Properties.

Last edited by TexasTeq; 01-24-2007 at 09:18 PM..

Old 01-24-2007, 09:22 PM

27 posts, read 20,191 times
Default Why so down on the

Neddy, why all the negativity about the west side?

Not sure why your so against this side of town. Where else are you going to live, off of 281, don't think so. I avoid that side like the plague. There will be many happy owners in Alamo Ranch. I purchased my home in June for 250,000 and it is already selling for 270,000. Don't be so negative, get in now, while you still can.

Last edited by TexasTeq; 01-24-2007 at 09:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or