U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 09:01 PM

226 posts, read 794,175 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

While visiting a new subdivision outside of 1604 on Potranco (Bella Vista) the salesman for a builder there said that Alamo Ranch was basically going to become the new Stone Oak, as it had the possibility of having over 15,000 homes built when it was finished and it would bring lots of retail to this area. Could this be possible? Seems like a massive project to be undertaken, although at the same time it seems even more logical since more and more builders are coming to it, making it very diversified when it comes to home-ownership.

The salesman also mentioned that Stevens Ranch was going to be developed in between Bella Vista and Redbird Ranch but that he had no idea who the owner/developer of that land was. Anyone knows something about it?

The 1604/Potranco intersection is going full steam now, right? I see retail coming up fast behind the Bill Miller's place with a sign of "Wells Fargo coming soon" right next to a "Project financed by Compass Bank". I thought that was pretty funny.

Finally, I heard some news a while back that the old Wal-Mart at 151/410 was going to be razed so a new shopping center (like the Westover Market across the street) could be built, but haven't seen any activity recently. Like most people here, i'm fascinated at the rate SA is growing because for the longest, it had the feeling of an overgrown rural town.

For the money, this is the best city to live in. Welcome all to the heart of Texas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2006, 09:22 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,369,287 times
Default Alamo Ranch

Funny, my wife and I were driving through Alamo Ranch earlier today. All the Pulte homes are nice, and it looks like all of them are in gated areas. Add this to all the grounds upkeep and you should have a hefty HOA fee each year ( I would like to know how much). Yes, I read 15,000 homes and it looks like they are trying to sell some commercial land within the area (besides the 100 stores planed for corner of Loop 1604 and Culebra). The city/county better start widening Culebra outside the loop or there will be a huge traffic jam there soon.

As for Potranco and Loop 1604, there is going to be a Super Walmart across from the Valero station. Looks like HEB and Walmart are still going at each other.

Old 10-07-2006, 10:41 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,652,017 times
Alamo Ranch will be huge no doubt.

And it does have similar traits as Stone Oak, tons of nice homes, retail. The one aspect missing is medical. With Stone Oak, they have their own Medical Center within the master planned community. Alamo Ranch from what I can tell won't. However, it will be very very close to the future Westover Hills medical center so in the end it’s not that different. The big difference between the two, and I really don't know this as I haven't seen Alamo Ranch in person nor the master planned layout, but Stone Oak has this urban small community vibe going. Like a city within a city thing. I'm not sure if Alamo Ranch will ahve that.

Stevens Ranch as well as Redbird Ranch will have between 5,000-6,000 homes each and will be built right next to each other. So that's basically 10,000-12,000 homes in that general area.

I have an aerial map with all the housing developments laid out. I’ll try to find it and post it.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:10 PM

470 posts, read 1,792,283 times
I just bought in Alamo Ranch and plan on moving late December, once construction is done. From what I have also heard, it may become the next Stone Oaks.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:40 PM

Default Alamo Ranch Home Purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinocowboy View Post
I just bought in Alamo Ranch and plan on moving late December, once construction is done. From what I have also heard, it may become the next Stone Oaks.
Hello Latinocowboy,

Did you buy a Pulte or DRHorton home? Also, what will be your HOA yearly fee? Are they charging more for the upkeep of the general area of Alamo Ranch?

Old 10-09-2006, 08:22 PM

470 posts, read 1,792,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Hello Latinocowboy,

Did you buy a Pulte or DRHorton home? Also, what will be your HOA yearly fee? Are they charging more for the upkeep of the general area of Alamo Ranch?
Hi there!

We went with DRHorton. Our HOA is around $200/yr. I'll get more details on what this $ goes towards and reply back.

Old 10-09-2006, 08:43 PM

55 posts, read 286,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
All the Pulte homes are nice, and it looks like all of them are in gated areas. Add this to all the grounds upkeep and you should have a hefty HOA fee each year ( I would like to know how much).
We were there a couple of weeks ago and looked at the Pulte Homes. HOA were $800-$ 1000/yr.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:12 PM

Default HOA Fees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susyq25 View Post
We were there a couple of weeks ago and looked at the Pulte Homes. HOA were $800-$ 1000/yr.
Thanks for the info Susyq25. Pulte has some nice homes there, we also looked at their Del Webb area down the street. One of the reasons why the HOA fee is so high is that San Antonio (and Bexar County) says if the area is closed off to public access (gated community), then they will not repair the roads. That could get expensive in the future, so lets hope the agency running these HOA's saves their money for 20 years down the road.

BTW, Alamo Ranch is slated to have about 15,000 homes when everything is done. This will be another very crowded area if that comes to fruition. Did you notice all the roads are two lanes on each side, and all three roads dump into Culebra (to the north) that has only two lanes (one lane in each direction)?

Old 10-09-2006, 11:19 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,652,017 times
Here's a map of the developments planned for the far West side of SA.

http://www.dirtdealers.com/Felder/Aerial%20Map%20-Felder.jpg (broken link)

Same thing except with outlines (the white dashes) of the future roadways in that area.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:44 AM

2,392 posts, read 8,626,317 times
Steelman, that is one reason that those homes are aout for me! Dh (darling husband) gets out of UTSA in May and we are looking to move to a bigger home and those roads over there just can not handle the traffic that is going to be over there. I have lived through this 10/410 mess so I don't want to go through it again! Nice homes though. My dh grew up 410 and Marbach and he can't believe people are wanting to move to that area by choice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or