U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 10:17 PM

90 posts, read 198,518 times
Default Update on mah move..

Thanks for the advise and discussion in earlier threads folks
I'll be living in the Stone Oak area (specifically, The Retreat and Canyon Springs) for the next year, got a -steal- of a deal on an apartment/townhouse lol

Moving van shows up Tuesday, I start the drive out on Wednesday, should be in the Apartment on Saturday, and I start the new job on the 12th. Gotta get the child creatures in school and day care, after all

Wewt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2007, 11:37 PM

4,263 posts, read 6,708,831 times
OK. Don't bring any of that crappy NorthEast weather with you please.

Leave the fast pace behind as well. We take it easy here. You will get very frustrated if you try to do things quickly ...patience is key. I did 30+ years in NY/NJ and 5 years in SoCal. This place is by far....the most laid back.
It annoyed me at first, because I wasn't used to it..even coming from SoCal. Took a while to adjust.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:34 AM

5,655 posts, read 8,280,569 times
Welcome to our wonderful city...there is much for you to enjoy and your wise to rent to get a feel for where you want to live and search to buy.

I hope your move is a good and painless one!

Old 10-29-2007, 05:26 AM

13,553 posts, read 20,679,236 times
Bienvenidos a San Antonio! Hope all goes well with the move and getting everyone settled.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:21 AM

734 posts, read 1,992,460 times
Congrats and I hope it all works out well for you! That seems like a good place to be with your current and future commute. (You were working at Rackspace, right?)

Good luck!

Old 10-29-2007, 08:19 AM

Turtle_Mom - Yep, that's where I'll be at, and I agree that it seems like it'll be a reasonable commute (depending on one's definition of reasonable, of course ). Time will certainly tell the tale.

I drove over by the new location while I was in the area looking at apartments the week before last. It'll definitely be a good thing for that area when things open up.

Thank-you all for the welcome, and I swear I'll try to leave the weather here. lol

Old 10-29-2007, 04:39 PM

2,345 posts, read 4,172,034 times
Just holler when you need Stone Oak (area) advice!! Where are you coming from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryg View Post
Thanks for the advise and discussion in earlier threads folks
I'll be living in the Stone Oak area (specifically, The Retreat and Canyon Springs) for the next year, got a -steal- of a deal on an apartment/townhouse lol

Moving van shows up Tuesday, I start the drive out on Wednesday, should be in the Apartment on Saturday, and I start the new job on the 12th. Gotta get the child creatures in school and day care, after all

Wewt

Old 10-29-2007, 05:48 PM

Pobre - I'm coming from Maryland. Whooooole different world there lol

I will definitely let you know if/when I have questions

Old 10-30-2007, 07:46 AM

781 posts, read 2,681,372 times
Jerry,

Just a "heads up"....not sure where you will be settling but there is a school district boundary line in the Canyon Springs area. It is split between Comal ISD and NEISD. Some of the schools have been capped in both districts. Not sure of the age of your children but it would make sense to take a look at both websites, especially before you buy. I know you said that you will be renting for a bit and that will give you a chance to check out the schools and get familiar with the boundaries. We are in Comal and they are currently building new elementary schools to be open next fall, 2008, that will effect the school boundaries in part of Canyon Springs.

If you have any questions feel free to PM/DM me:-)

Old 11-01-2007, 04:55 PM

2,345 posts, read 4,172,034 times
Yes, and not too far east on 1604 is Judson ISD, too. Also, some of the schools in the Stone Oak and Encino area are capped (not at all grade levels, though). Once you have a contract on a home, you can enroll them in the school for that property. Until then, you are (probably) at Canyon Springs ES.

You will miss the LOOK of snow, but not the shoveling. I'm originally from Boston, and my other half grew up in Maryland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinez4 View Post
Jerry,

Just a "heads up"....not sure where you will be settling but there is a school district boundary line in the Canyon Springs area. It is split between Comal ISD and NEISD. Some of the schools have been capped in both districts. Not sure of the age of your children but it would make sense to take a look at both websites, especially before you buy. I know you said that you will be renting for a bit and that will give you a chance to check out the schools and get familiar with the boundaries. We are in Comal and they are currently building new elementary schools to be open next fall, 2008, that will effect the school boundaries in part of Canyon Springs.

If you have any questions feel free to PM/DM me:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio