Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 01:30 PM

340 posts, read 586,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americasman View Post
If they would have named it Emilo Navaira Way or Selena Way San Antonio would not be complaining...
San Antonio isn't complaining. A small vocal few, who have no problem finding anything to complain about, are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2013, 04:48 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvp View Post
San Antonio isn't complaining. A small vocal few, who have no problem finding anything to complain about, are.
Indeed, a vocal few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americasman View Post
If they would have named it Emilo Navaira Way or Selena Way San Antonio would not be complaining...
What about Orale Güey Way?

Old 05-10-2013, 07:51 PM

847 posts, read 2,231,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samvp View Post

San Antonio isn't complaining.

\]
A small vocal few, who have no problem finding anything to complain about, are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovee View Post

Indeed, a vocal few.
hahaha ha ha.....

........................the spin is in.

correct me if I'm wrong here, butt, -------

it was a small vocal few that bullied the name change to ceser chuvez blvd

am I wrong??

Old 05-10-2013, 08:32 PM

29 posts, read 72,726 times
YES it was a bad decision.

is this better mr mod? my original yes was to the title
"In hindsight, was it a bad decision to change Durango Blvd. to Cesar Chavez Blvd?"

Old 05-10-2013, 08:33 PM

29 posts, read 72,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post

hahaha ha ha.....

am I wrong??
100% i guess some people forgot we took them to court about it

Old 05-10-2013, 10:09 PM

501 posts, read 948,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *mud* View Post

hahaha ha ha.....

am I wrong??
Terrible spelling and horrible formatting aside, what are you talking about? How does one bully a street name change?

Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
The silent majority loses as usual in political issues like this...

76 opposed and only 11 in favor - Trouble Shooters uncover Durango Street documents | WOAI: San Antonio News

Durango-Cesar Chavez street name debate ordered into mediation | WOAI: San Antonio News

Most folks aren't going to go to the trouble to protest an issue like this. Just because some pecker head mayor or city council man/woman get a whimsical notion. .. decide on their own to shoot for some brownie points among their constituents.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
The silent majority loses as usual in political issues like this...

76 opposed and only 11 in favor - Trouble Shooters uncover Durango Street documents | WOAI: San Antonio News

Durango-Cesar Chavez street name debate ordered into mediation | WOAI: San Antonio News

Most folks aren't going to go to the trouble to protest an issue like this. Just because some pecker head mayor or city council man/woman get a whimsical notion. .. decide on their own to shoot for some brownie points among their constituents.
They surveyed the businesses and residents on the stretch of the road that was getting its name changed. Of course there'd be a majority against it. You're not shocking anyone with those links. Outside of those people and businesses, the majority of the city residents couldn't have cared less about the name change.

People now, aside from those affected by the change, have no real reason to oppose it other than not liking or wanting change.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:08 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenwolf80 View Post
They surveyed the businesses and residents on the stretch of the road that was getting its name changed. Of course there'd be a majority against it. You're not shocking anyone with those links. Outside of those people and businesses, the majority of the city residents couldn't have cared less about the name change.

People now, aside from those affected by the change, have no real reason to oppose it other than not liking or wanting change.
I was speaking of the silent majority city wide. All those that opposed but not vehemently enough to march on City Hall!

I didn't expect to shock anyone with the links ...only to enlighten. The businesses and residents of Durango were the ones having to pay for the arrogance of the twit on city council's ill-conceived proposal. Not to mention a $100,000 or so spent by the city on the new signage. Not to mention the untold amounts spent by the city to defend their blunder against the lawsuit brought by the SA Conservation Society.

All that to continue the redundancy carried out across the country by other twits seeking points. If that ignorant proposal had been put to a vote, even with ethnic considerations, it would have failed to pass. I'd bet on it! Watch what you wish for.... your name might be next.

Last edited by SATX56; 05-11-2013 at 12:17 AM..

Old 05-11-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX56 View Post
I didn't expect to shock anyone with the links ...only to enlighten. The businesses and residents of Durango were the ones having to pay for the arrogance of the twit on city council's ill-conceived proposal. Not to mention a $100,000 or so spent by the city on the new signage. Not to mention the untold amounts spent by the city to defend their blunder against the lawsuit brought by the SA Conservation Society.

All that to continue the redundancy carried out across the country by other twits seeking points. If that ignorant proposal had been put to a vote, even with ethnic considerations, it would have failed to pass. I'd bet on it! Watch what you wish for.... your name might be next.
My name might be next? Huh?

How did the name change affect you? Please explain to us how it personally affected you. Did it cause you pain and suffering? Did it cause emotional damage?

No smart responses about twits and ***** or whatever.

What suffering did the name change cause you aside from having to forget one thing and remember another.

All this thread has shown is that people will get upset and offended and hurt over the smallest of things. That is what we call "first world problems."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio