U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 08:26 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,738,856 times

Advertisements

I had only a handful last night, which was quite different than last year. Wondering if the (non) time change thing did have something to do with it. My kids said that the other section of Oak Creek (South of Military) had a ton of kids and tons of houses with lights on, so they had more fun while they were over there. (Our neighbor does a "hayride" to take the kids around each year ~ hooks up a trailer piled with hay bales to his Quad and pulls them from house to house with it. Big hit!!)

Now, what to do with this vat of candy!? ugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 08:32 AM

422 posts, read 1,330,560 times
Turn out was low this year. Usually i'm out of candy in no time. I had leftover candy. Must have been the DST and a school night combo like mentioned before. Plus there was a Spurs game on.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 AM

1,241 posts, read 3,894,678 times
In Caracol Creek/Hieghts there was a big turn out!!! I took my wife, sister, and our nephew and dropped them off at one part of the neighborhood so they can make their way back and the streets were crawling with kids and SUVs w/I guess kids from other areas. (it had to be, because there were so many) Anyway, my wife came back and told me that they ran into several garages converted to haunted houses and there was a house that had a bbq and were giving out hot dogs… I was impressed..

Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 AM

8,400 posts, read 20,121,491 times
Yeah, I saw a lot of kids in pickup truck beds (which is illegal) and even worse, kids sitting on the tailgate while the truck went down the road (illegal and dangerous!). Some people were driving entirely too fast through our neighborhood as well. You'd think this is the one night of the year when folks would make an effort to drive a little slower and safer...

But on a happier note, one house was decked out as a pirate ship! It was extremely well done, and I only wish I had on last year's costume (Captain Jack Sparrow).

Cheers! M2

Old 11-01-2007, 12:05 PM

3,823 posts, read 13,354,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Same in Wildhorse. We suspect the DST switch from the last weekend in October to the first in November threw people off. Folks got started late and ended early when they realized that the kids had to get in bed for school in the morning. I think it thinned out the crowd.

But my Geico caveman costume was a big hit!

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2663/img3611gz6.th.jpg (broken link) http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9206/img3612oi6.th.jpg (broken link)

Cheers! M2
Oh! That is a mask? I thought you were just having a Bad Hair Day!
Only about a dozen kids...many not in coustumes...one didn't even have a bag, just his hands out. On one, I heard a very faint knock on my storm door. I looked out and saw no one so I closed the door. Then I got another faint knock and looked outside...nothing, until I looked way down and saw a very small girl dressed as a princess (maybe 2 years old?). Very cute, but maybe the parents should at least help her out (they were on the street about 25 feet away).

Old 11-01-2007, 02:03 PM

734 posts, read 2,734,496 times
Here (Fox Grove) we got through a bag of candy that said it had 150 pcs. I actually had two of those bags just in case - now I have 150 pcs of candy! Lots of kids, people had games in their yards, great decorations. My kids had a blast. I'm enjoying scavenging through their bags for chocolate.

Old 11-01-2007, 02:33 PM

8,400 posts, read 20,121,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Man View Post
Oh! That is a mask? I thought you were just having a Bad Hair Day!
Actually, after a trip in the Jeep, my real hair, which hasn't been cut in two years, isn't much better!

Cheers! M2

Old 11-01-2007, 02:46 PM

23 posts, read 53,348 times
Hey majormadmax,

awesome costume! A buddy of mine decided to dress up as a priest and went to a local gentleman's club. From what he told me earlier today it was a hit!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:50 PM

469 posts, read 2,167,970 times
We had a ton of kids in Sonoma Ranch but apparently the more expensive parts of our neighborhood had many less kids. For whatever reason the police were patrolling our gates and kept all the car loads of kids from outside the hood from getting in. We have enough kids in our neck of the woods but the foo foo homes are much larger and more spread out so they didn't have nearly as many.

Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 AM

17 posts, read 96,217 times
I live off of 10 and Foster Rd. I handed out 120 goodie bags of candy...made up 160 due to the fact that I ran out last year with 100 made.....so turn out was pretty good this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio