U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM

10 posts, read 30,323 times

Advertisements

What are your recommendations for the best homeschool co-ops in San Antonio? What do you like about them? We are looking for a co-op that offers sports, events (like homecoming, prom, yearbook, etc.), but doesn't require every parent to hold down a teaching position or office in the co-op. Is the homeschool "climate" friendly, open and accepting in San Antonio? Thanks!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 04:16 PM

11,157 posts, read 20,437,717 times
There's a group on Facebook that's a good place to get info. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/S...Homeschoolers/

Old 05-07-2013, 04:18 PM

10 posts, read 30,323 times
Thanks so much, Hedgehog_Mom! I just checked it out and sent a request to join, as it is a Closed Group! Again, thanks so much! Any information on relocating would be appreciated too, like where are the best neighborhoods that are safe and family-friendly!

Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 AM

324 posts, read 1,170,009 times
FEAST offers a lot of what you are looking for, but honestly here in SA the homeschool support system is a bit disjointed. Many many many of the groups require you to sign a faith statement or pay significant registration fees. Lots of area homeschoolers don't do co-ops at all too.

What age are your kids?

And fwiw, the FEAST convention is coming up in about a week. It's the area homeschool convention, and will has a lot of the local stuff promoted at the event.

Old 06-04-2013, 06:09 AM

13 posts, read 23,614 times
Any suggestions in co-op for younger kids? Just looking for a group that does field trips and organized fun events for homeschoolers. We don't need sports as our kids are involved in that outside of homeschool. I am really wanting to avoid groups that are run by gossip which I have seen in a lot of other groups.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:09 AM

1 posts, read 7,733 times
Hi I am also looking for a good co-op homeschool group in San Antonio, which offers a great amount of high school curriculum. So far I am leaning towards the "Friday school" (AACE) group as it seems to offer the most useful classes for high school.

Although I have not found a whole lot perhaps someone could post a co-op which offers high school classes? We will be re-locating to San Antonio within a week and so finding options for school is mandatory especially since high school can be a bear if fallen behind.

I am not at all against christian beliefs or preachings, and we are referred currently as "christian home educators". But are there any co-ops which do not have particularly strict rules? (i.e most co-ops do not host any dances or proms, or allow older teens with as much freedom as what my current co-ops do, in which they are happy with and crushed to leave behind).

Thanks!

Old 08-25-2014, 04:54 AM

1 posts, read 5,934 times
ScubaChicken- Is it still possible to join your co-op for this school year? We are moving to SAT this weekend. I checked the website you posted in your previous message and it states the 2014/15 registration is closed

Old 04-29-2016, 08:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,150 times
Default Secular homeschool group San antonio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatDudeIsBack View Post
Hi I am also looking for a good co-op homeschool group in San Antonio, which offers a great amount of high school curriculum. So far I am leaning towards the "Friday school" (AACE) group as it seems to offer the most useful classes for high school.

Although I have not found a whole lot perhaps someone could post a co-op which offers high school classes? We will be re-locating to San Antonio within a week and so finding options for school is mandatory especially since high school can be a bear if fallen behind.

I am not at all against christian beliefs or preachings, and we are referred currently as "christian home educators". But are there any co-ops which do not have particularly strict rules? (i.e most co-ops do not host any dances or proms, or allow older teens with as much freedom as what my current co-ops do, in which they are happy with and crushed to leave behind).

Thanks!

BASH is a secular group in San Antonio they have grown extensively in the past year and have their own building now. you can find out more here [url=http://homeedsa.com/bash-bexaratascosa-secular-homeschoolers/10029/]BASH: Bexar/Atascosa Secular Homeschoolers - San Antonio Home Education[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or