U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:01 PM

9 posts, read 37,058 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to purchase a home from Lennar but want to know what any current Lennar home owners have to say especially concerning the quality of their homes. I've view their website and see that they provide a tremendous amount of "standard" items including sod, sprinkler system, alarm system, fence, corrian counter tops, upgraded appliances and built in desk center. I'm looking to buy in Northwest SA. Any info on the area would be appreciated also. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,184,852 times
What price range? Why the Northwest side?

Old 11-02-2007, 04:05 PM

Between 175,000 and 215,000. Northwest due to working at Lackland AFB.

Old 11-03-2007, 09:43 AM

269 posts, read 668,080 times
We are in the process of building with Lennar (nw). So Far we are pleased and impressed with everything. It was nice to talk with future neigbors who are repeat Lennar customers as well as having family who own Lennar and others who plan to buy Lennar for their next home, rather than pay for all the upgrades/options.

What type of area info do you want to know, we are fairly familiar with our surroundings. But rather that ramble on and on....

look forward to helping you

Old 11-03-2007, 12:42 PM

Lovin SA,

Which particular model are you having built? Also, could you "query" your family members who have bought a Lennar home and give me their take on the overall quality of their home? I looked Lennar up on the 2007 JD Powers survey list and they came out with a 3 out of 5 for customer satisfaction in SA and a 2 out of 5 for overall quality. Personally, I found that strange just based upon the virtual pics that they showed of some of their models. We had purchased a home in Florida and ended up paying thousands of dollars for all the "standard" stuff that Lennar provides like sod, fence, blinds, gutters, alarm system and didn't even get corian countertops. So to see a builder put these items in their homes as "standard" was a eye catcher for us. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Shalom198

Old 11-03-2007, 08:46 PM

Shalom198
Davinci was our choice, the online tour with exception to perspecitve falls under what you see is what you get. Check out the master closet it is the color they paint the spec houses. Down to the beveled corners on the corian. I will try and get some info from the family. We hope to get over and walk the currently occupied area and chat up more of the locals soon.

Did you look at other ratings or polls other than JD Powers? I always take these with a grain of salt, being that it is likely to hear more nit picking squeeky wheels than level headed happy customers. (imho) No offense meant.

Old 11-04-2007, 02:17 PM

lovinSA,

No, just JD Powers. I saw another poster recommend the site. We also take them with a grain of salt. Thanks for the info, and look forward to hearing any more details you may have.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:04 PM

which developments are you interested in? Ours seems to have a very attentive construction manager, I jokingly said 'this is filthy, the worst so far' just after the drywall went up and we were showing friends around. The sale associate was there. Today we noticed all traces of mud and excess trimmings were cleaned up, swept. Which is usually how it has been after each crew moves on. Including all daily trash. I am also impressed with the attention to detail, and I yank and tug too.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:59 AM

3 posts, read 5,007 times
Default Lennar Homes

We have been in our home now for 5 months and we love it. Before we bought it I had an inspection done and he was completely impressed with the build, He said there was no skimping on materials and alot of materials used were upgraded. Also for the price we paid was great value. We live in Trophy Ridge and we were at 1st going to buy a Premier home by D R Horton in Amhurst but the Lennar home came with so much more upgrades all appliances window blinds,sprinkler system, tile through out the home and we also got all stainless steel appliances and the home is the same square footage as the other home we were goinig to buy. We bought this house for the same price as the Premier home with DR HORTON with all the upgrades included we even have crown molding throughout the home. I would recommend LENNAR to anyone as we are very pleased with the builder and the incentives are great! We also got 20k off the list price with all the upgrades included. We did not have to pay for anything extra!
SILVAGE is cheaper because they use cheaper products. Here in Trophy Ridge you can see the difference in the builders just by driving around.

Old 07-14-2015, 12:40 PM

2 posts, read 2,332 times
I too am buying a lennar home in Santa Maria in Alamo Ranch on the NW side. We are supposed to close tomorrow and so far have been very impressed. We originally opted to wait on an Inspector until about the 10 month time frame just before the warranty runs out but recently decided to go ahead and hire an Inspector prior to closing. 1st sign of what might be an issue is that the sales associate said that lennar policy is 3rd party inspections must be done before the new home orientation. She is currently checking with management to see if we can still get it inspected. Hopefully we can. We are getting the ceader point model and have walked through the home and everything looks great, but I'm not an Inspector either. It's great to hear from owners of lennar homes and how pleased you guys are with Lennar, this eases my fears. Anyonnelse have good experience with lennar homes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio