U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 07:51 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,804,833 times

Advertisements

anyone can direct me to a good tattoo artist, I would appreciate it. I do realize their are people with tats that are reading this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 04:26 AM

2,721 posts, read 3,434,490 times
Default Old Neighbor,

My old neighbor contracted hepatitis C- from a tatoo. He confided to me in me a while back.
Think that is what it was, Hepatitis of some sort or another, this I do remember, because I was so shocked. This was a while back so I do not and cannot remember anymore.
Whatever type of hepatitis it was it was incurable.
John owned his own heating and cooling business. He was pretty outraged and angry about this back the last time I saw him in 2001. He moved away to Atlanta.[quote=martell13;31478517]I really could care less what people think about me,because when someone else life is at stake, and i am the paramedic on shift, believe me those people i have helped do not care. I am just amused how ignorant people can be. I guess it is my yankee way of thinking, and it is not being disrespectful but since matttx was so quick to judge...[/QUOT

Last edited by huckster; 09-20-2013 at 04:40 AM..

Old 09-21-2013, 04:55 AM

4 posts, read 4,185 times
[quote=huckster;31481933]My old neighbor contracted hepatitis C- from a tatoo. He confided to me in me a while back.
Think that is what it was, Hepatitis of some sort or another, this I do remember, because I was so shocked. This was a while back so I do not and cannot remember anymore.
John owned his own heating and cooling business. He was pretty outraged and angry about this back the last time I saw him in 2001. He moved away to Atlanta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martell13 View Post
I really could care less what people think about me,because when someone else life is at stake, and i am the paramedic on shift, believe me those people i have helped do not care. I am just amused how ignorant people can be. I guess it is my yankee way of thinking, and it is not being disrespectful but since matttx was so quick to judge...[/QUOT
I am sorry for that, it does happens that there are some tattooers that do not follow established guidelines. Hepatitis is a horrible disease that can be contracted and it could be B or C. Hopefully he is doing well. Professional shops follow guidelines so things like this don't happen. Its very important to really do your homework if anyone is planning to get a tattoo.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:20 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,434,490 times
Default Hepatitis,

Poor John I do no know how he is coming along as I haven't seen him in over ten years.
I do remember his telling me that it was not curable, was an incurable disease. I was so shocked at this news, our kids went to school together, he was a next door neighbor.[quote=martell13;31496013]
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckster View Post
My old neighbor contracted hepatitis C- from a tatoo. He confided to me in me a while back.
John owned his own heating and cooling business. He was pretty outraged and angry about this back the last time I saw him in 2001. He moved away to Atlanta.

I am sorry for that, it does happens that there are some tattooers that do not follow established guidelines. Hepatitis is a horrible disease that can be contracted and it could be B or C. Hopefully he is doing well. Professional shops follow guidelines so things like this don't happen. Its very important to really do your homework if anyone is planning to get a tattoo.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:52 PM

5,632 posts, read 6,452,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martell13 View Post
I really could care less what people think about me,because when someone else life is at stake, and i am the paramedic on shift, believe me those people i have helped do not care. I am just amused how ignorant people can be. I guess it is my yankee way of thinking, and it is not being disrespectful but since matttx was so quick to judge...
Sorry to strike a nerve. It just sounded like a bunch of whining because others don't like the "art" on your body.

If you want to smoke, drink or ink your body then more power to you. Just don't expect everyone to be supportive.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:56 PM

129 posts, read 143,496 times
A little late to the game, but...the difference between people with tattoos and those without is that those of us with tattoos don't care that you don't have any.

Old 09-27-2013, 07:16 PM

519 posts, read 596,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmax4 View Post
A little late to the game, but...the difference between people with tattoos and those without is that those of us with tattoos don't care that you don't have any.
Exactly. I don't have tattoos, but I'd much rather associate with tattooed people than close-minded judge bags who look down on others who are different than them. In my line of work I see people with and without tattoos, and there is no difference between the two. My wife has tattoos and she runs an animal rescue shelter.

Old 09-28-2013, 03:04 PM

9,137 posts, read 6,759,663 times
I dont mind tats as much as I mind someone serving my food with objects sticking out of their lips...

Crikey that gives my stomach the heebie jeebies. My mind's eye see those pins and needles as puss infected.

Old 10-03-2013, 11:54 PM

733 posts, read 868,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Readerfeeder View Post
What infuriates me are people who are tatted up head to toe and pull out their LSC and IPhones.
hipsters are the bane of this city.

that and women that wear sunglasses that make them look like bug eyed aliens.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 AM

5,632 posts, read 6,452,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1174 View Post
hipsters are the bane of this city.

that and women that wear sunglasses that make them look like bug eyed aliens.

Hipsters have LSC? I don't think you can use the LSC for pabst blue ribbon. You are so wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio