U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 04:16 PM

297 posts, read 624,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Please tell me about the beautiful skin you're going to have when you are 60. This comment makes no sense to me.

I think chuck taylors are ugly shoes. Should I label everyone that wears them a "lazy hipster douche"? Didn't think so.
Yes, of course you should!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 04:17 PM

back in the day converse cost next to nothing. Now people pay out the azz for them. Like VW bugs.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:49 PM

1,792 posts, read 2,444,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americasman View Post
I was at Fiesta Texas this past weekend and...dayum!!! The amount of ugly tatted people was just amazing!!! Why is SA stuck in such a gangster wannabee mentality?
Don't ever visit California buddy! You might have a heart attack!

Old 05-17-2013, 04:51 PM

I really dont think CA has anything on us, weight wise that is

Old 05-17-2013, 05:12 PM

1,572 posts, read 2,530,980 times
I don't even have any tattoos but I'm annoyed by some of these superficial posts. Many people seem to be equating tattoos with thuggery.

Times have changed and tattoos don't hold that stigma anymore.. get with the times! I personally think tattoos can be a great expression of one's self. Oh and if you think SA has a lot of tattoos, you'll be in for a shock if you come to Austin. Everyone and their grandmother is tatted up here. Arm tattoos are considered sexy on a girl

Old 05-17-2013, 07:44 PM

29 posts, read 64,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveUrban View Post
I don't even have any tattoos but I'm annoyed by some of these superficial posts. Many people seem to be equating tattoos with thuggery.

Times have changed and tattoos don't hold that stigma anymore.. get with the times! I personally think tattoos can be a great expression of one's self. Oh and if you think SA has a lot of tattoos, you'll be in for a shock if you come to Austin. Everyone and their grandmother is tatted up here. Arm tattoos are considered sexy on a girl
go watch the cheerleaders for any major sport. and find me a girl with arm tattoos.

keep austin wierd

Old 05-18-2013, 08:15 AM

313 posts, read 284,702 times
Tats for most people is just a trend like other trends it will pass and tats will be reserved for mostly fringe people like it was before.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:32 PM

2,572 posts, read 6,573,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Please tell me about the beautiful skin you're going to have when you are 60. This comment makes no sense to me.
<snip>
Yes, this argument against tattoos is always the most hilarious to me. As if someone chooses not to get tattoos, they'll have the skin of a 20 year old when they are 70? LOL. Most of my tattoos are on the part of the body only exposed by swimwear, with the exception of those on my arms, and those can be covered as well but even if they aren't, I'm sure my 70 year old upper arm is going to look pretty wrinkled and saggy, with or without the tattoos.

Quote:

I only think "thug" when it comes to neck/face tattoos and/or prison & gang related tattoos, and a general vibe accompanying that, along with a particular style of dress. If you approach me meeting all of those criteria, don't be offended when I roll up my window and refuse to make eye contact!

Since I am tattooed myself, I try to keep an open mind about what others choose to put on their own skin, but I will admit to an internal eye roll every time I see a "210" tattoo on someone here. Of course, I don't like this town and have made no secret of that fact but even if I LOVED San Antonio with the passion that some seem to, I can't see tattooing that on myself. What if the area code one day changed?

This entire thread is kind of amusing. I imagine similar conversations took place among the old timers about how scandalous it was when women starting wearing two piece swimsuits, or men stopped wearing hats.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:36 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,428,884 times
Default Quiquay and tatoos,

Tatoos are a form of advertising, yes. If you want to make yourself a billboard go ahead.
South Texas has a great climate for showing them off too. I do not even pay attention to them at all.
They are a form of stigmata. Behold Neo-Nazis and the like. It is a form of exhibitionism too.
These skin carvings cry out - "Look at me!" The new Allstate Insurance commercial is a great play on
this. I had to laugh at this commercial. A take on the Greek God that was half-horse and half man, "Centaur" -(menacing)"There will soon be a man coming out of that horse" the biker says, showing off a flexed bicep
muscle and the back end of a horse tatooed to his upper arm. Where will the man emerge from the back end of a horse tatoo? Why out the back end of the horse, of course. Hilarious..........
Quiaquay was the chief whale harpooner and giant giant guy sidekick of the young man played by Richard Basehart in the movie fashioned from the great novel--" Moby Dick" by author Herman Melville.
The great boxer Mike Tyson's facial tatoos were in my opinion erroneously applied. They are just not that becoming,but there is no accounting for taste, do not try to make any sense of it. And as for tatoos making
a girl sexy, many strange forms of female beauty "enhancment " are or were in vogue around the world.
The wrapped up and forced smallness of the feet of Japanese women, the neck rings on African Women to extend their necks, various forms of obesity, nose rings?
But this is a free country, yes- Buy or sell, come or go, be drunk or sober any way you want to do it.
Go ahead, self - flagelate.
The giant Queqay's tatoos betrayed his religion, with great polka dots going up and down his nose and forehead and down his back for the movie "Moby Dick". But Queqay was also a great whale harpooner.
I had no idea that Austin nowadays was the Tatooed Texan capital of Texas as submitted in this post. I thought the chief claim to fame of Austin was to be "The Live Music Capital of the World"--- Probably linked to or "inked" ( nor pun intended) from the PBS program Austin City limits?
Either is quite forgettable as a claim to fame. Austiniters need to pipe down. Maybe get a "PBS" or "Austin City Limits" tatoo carved into their arms and have a beer, and stop the struggle.
You will have never and will never surpass S.A. Tatooed or not, it will not make any difference.
Tatoos are too blase now, as for this statement even wimpy types are now tatooed. If all tatooed people were thugs we would all be armed to the teeth and be wearing six-guns again.
These are surely aren't anything new and I have no need to travel to Austin to see them.
Grandma's been Tatooed ? I think I will skip by that exit.
Maybe the next Austin exit will have multitudes of exposed surgical scars or eye patches.dubious:
Tatoos are superficial and skin deep self-expression.
Quote:

Old 05-18-2013, 08:47 PM

3,669 posts, read 5,917,038 times
I still wear hats.

It would be nice if more men still wore hats like they did in the '40s.

I also remember when this used to be area code 512. Good point that it might not always be 210 forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio