U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-02-2007, 05:19 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
Reputation: 18705

Advertisements

Phew! Just saw on Yahoo News that the list of the fastest growing cities in the nation is out and San Antonio was not on it...works for me for sure!!!!

Last edited by Paka; 11-02-2007 at 05:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2007, 05:32 PM
 
Location: San Antonio, TX
30 posts, read 125,350 times
Reputation: 14
How many of these lists come out. Seems there is a new one every week. I could have sworn one of the past lists of fastest growing cities had San Antonio in the top 5. There will be another "new" list next week anyway. Sometimes I find statistics hard to believe because it seems stats are different anywhere you look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 05:34 PM
 
925 posts, read 893,228 times
Reputation: 129
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's a list for metropolitan population and the growth ranking is measured from percentage of growth since 2000 until now and not raw number growth. I have no idea why it says "cities" when it's the metro population. I could careless but maybe a reworded title is in order Paka. Though funny enough, SA barely missed the top 10 with like 13.3 or 13.4 percent growth since 2000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 05:41 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
Reputation: 18705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but that's a list for metropolitan population and the growth ranking is measured from percentage of growth since 2000 until now and not raw number growth. I have no idea why it says "cities" when it's the metro population. I could careless but maybe a reworded title is in order Paka.
Hey, just took the info from the way it was headlined on the Yahoo article which was "America's Fastest-Growing Cities"...but I am GLAD that we are not doing the crazy growth thing...I think that crazy, uncontrolled growth is not such a good thing personally. Maybe we could have a school in SA except new students for more than one to two years before it is capped. I don't want SA to loose it's special charm to become another totally concrete jungle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 05:44 PM
 
925 posts, read 893,228 times
Reputation: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
Hey, just took the info from the way it was headlined on the Yahoo article which was "America's Fastest-Growing Cities"...but I am GLAD that we are not doing the crazy growth thing...I think that crazy, uncontrolled growth is not such a good thing personally. Maybe we could have a school in SA except new students for more than one to two years before it is capped. I don't want SA to loose it's special charm to become another totally concrete jungle.
From the list, we're actually adding more people a year than three of those in the top ten but because of the percentage being the ranking SA isn't in the top ten. Also, considering the list is from 2000 to now, SA really didn't get going like it is now until 2003.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 05:51 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
Reputation: 18705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
From the list, we're actually adding more people a year than three of those in the top ten but because of the percentage being the ranking SA isn't in the top ten. Also, considering the list is from 2000 to now, SA really didn't get going like it is now until 2003.
Good point...darn it all!

I tried to edit the "title" to "A List San Antonio Doesn't Make" but it would not let me edit the title...anyone know how? Maybe that title is more appropriate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 05:52 PM
 
925 posts, read 893,228 times
Reputation: 129
Go to Edit and then "Advanced" and you should be able to re-edit the title.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2007, 05:54 PM
 
Location: San Antonio
7,629 posts, read 14,339,010 times
Reputation: 18705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
Go to Edit and then "Advanced" and you should be able to re-edit the title.

Good thing SOMEONE is computer savvy around here...and that would NOT be me! Thanks for the help Insomniac!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 12:27 AM
 
37 posts, read 117,939 times
Reputation: 18
Smile And the poll says

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider042678 View Post
How many of these lists come out. Seems there is a new one every week. I could have sworn one of the past lists of fastest growing cities had San Antonio in the top 5. There will be another "new" list next week anyway. Sometimes I find statistics hard to believe because it seems stats are different anywhere you look.
Don't you know that 80% of all stats are made up on the spot? Or was it 50% I'll just say 65% and cut the difference

All jokes aside though, I just saw one about 2 weeks ago that put SA in the top 10 as well so who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2007, 09:39 AM
 
925 posts, read 893,228 times
Reputation: 129
SA is still in the top 2 or 3 for city population growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:34 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top