Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 07:04 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,587 times

Advertisements

I dont think San Antonio is for you then. If your complaining about Tucson than you really will complain here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011, 07:12 AM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
I hope he's made up his mind by now, considering his post is almost 5 years old.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:37 AM

258 posts, read 637,816 times
It really doesn't matter how old this post is, there are so many people moving here everyday and to other cities in Texas, that other people probably are wondering the same thing.

I would like to say that I wish people would know their history and realize why there are so many Hispanics in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California among other states.

Can't we all just get along?

Last edited by Septgirl75; 03-22-2011 at 10:52 AM..

Old 03-22-2011, 03:30 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I hope he's made up his mind by now, considering his post is almost 5 years old.
Oh, it *is*, isn't it? Heh.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
The meanest people I have met here are anglo, not Hispanic. That's still not very many, though.
My own personal experience here in S.A. for many years is that even less meaner people {to me anyway} after those you mentioned that I have come across are Blacks, Asians, and Gays.....{I daresay that the same seems to me to apply to Cops}

I'd say that over time Women do seem to me to be catching-up to Men in their own meanness.....

.....and of course Animals have usually always been less mean to me than Humans.......

Old 03-25-2011, 05:56 PM

28 posts, read 80,476 times
The Hispanic population in SA is generations old. Their mothers and aunt and uncles and cousins and grandparents are here. This is their home they care about it and take care of it. Not like the more trancient populations in CA and AZ seem to be. There do seem to be pockets of gang activity but in a city as large as SA you have to expect it. It is MUCH better than Dallas or Houston or Phoenix or LA in gang activity. I dont think there is an area of SA that is unsafe just to be in like the other cities mentioned.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:11 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
Have you ever noticed that when people say that they aren't racist, BUT____,that usually means they are?

Old 03-25-2011, 09:29 PM

1,671 posts, read 3,841,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_true View Post
Hi, is San Antonio dirty? I have heard that the city is very poor and is real rundown. Also (I am not racist) but I am unsure of moving there due to the giant population of hispanics. Here in Tucson it is 34% but in S.A. it is something like 60%. I moved from Alaska which was something like 95% white. I am not real used to the influx of races. I know a lot of hispanic people here in Tucson are mean, violent, and I don't like that. Is it like that in San Antonio? Where are the nice parts and the bad parts of the city? Would you say that the city is desert like or is it green? I really love cities that are green. Are there lots of trees and lakes? If anyone could get back to me, I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Daniel True
Daniel....Thank you for inquiring about our Beautiful City. With all due respect I know you didn't hear about San Antonio in a AAA Travel Magazine. Maybe someone you know had a bad experience here. I'll assure you as someone who drives the city daily and knows it well San Antonio is not a dirty city. It'll get hot and dry when we are lacking rainfall as we are now but most will see it as a green part of Texas. It wasn't what I expected 25 plus years ago.... it was / is better.

Hispanic Folks here are not mean or violent like those you mentioned in Tucson. They are hard working, educated,responsible, fantastic Folks who you would be glad to have as a neighbor, friend, or in my case a Wife.

As you know every city will have it's drawbacks, likes, and dislikes.

There must be something special to many Folks since San Antonio is the top destination city in Texas for new companies, new resident's (most from out of state) and tons of tourists (who see a lot more than the Riverwalk)

Old 03-25-2011, 09:43 PM

1,131 posts, read 1,712,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Have you ever noticed that when people say that they aren't racist, BUT____,that usually means they are?
I have observingly-felt the *SAME* way for years about that, Lee.......

Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
San Antonio isn't desert, but it certainly isn't one of the greenest areas of the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio