U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM

937 posts, read 2,160,803 times

Advertisements

okay so the first I noticed of BBVA without the signage outside their buildings was the one on Culebra rd, now the one on the corner of Grissom rd and Bandera is also or WAS also a BBVA branch (as confirmed from their locations on their website) and is without the BBVA Compass signage.

I tried to GOOGLE and search for latest news on the BBVA website but cannot find anything that says San Antonio BBVA branches are closing???? IF they are not closing then why is it TWO already that are without the signage??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 04:01 PM

7,629 posts, read 14,375,850 times
What the heck is a BBVA???

Old 06-11-2013, 04:04 PM

7,663 posts, read 8,133,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
What the heck is a BBVA???
BBVA Compass Bank?

Old 06-11-2013, 04:08 PM

7,663 posts, read 8,133,722 times
Usually if a bank is closing locations you have tons of advanced notice (if you are a member). My guess is that they are changing signage or possibly moving locations.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,963,274 times
I was in my BBVA Compass branch today and it was DEAD! Dead as in huge office space, nobody at any desk. One inside teller, one drive-up teller, and one male manager helping behind the counter/drive-up. I did not recognize any of the three, and there were only two other customers besides me in the building. I actually stood there wondering when (not if) they were going to close.

I worked at a major bank in Michigan for 10 years "back in the day", things have really changed! I found out today that I don't even need a deposit slip anymore to make a deposit.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:59 AM

2,847 posts, read 1,958,565 times
Happening with a lot of banks

WORKBOOK: Time to close underperforming branches?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM

777 posts, read 1,440,177 times
the post above would make sense. especially in the digital era where a lot of us bank online.
I've been to the downtown location several times this week and it's been business as usual.

scared me though, i'm currently working with them on a mortgage and as soon as I saw this I was ready to cancel/retract etc. but it looks like no news is good news on branches closing.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:11 PM

37,967 posts, read 55,724,604 times
Nowadays no one cares about you - you the customer, you the person with the money. The banks only care about the money. Sadly.
There are still smaller, local banks that do care and have personal interaction with customers, but the big banks try hard to have everything automated, so they can cut on locations and employees ... and make more money.
When you call, you spend hours being transferred from one extension to another and if you are lucky you might actually talk to someone who speaks broken English, and is located far away in India.
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Macon, Duluth, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:25 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,421,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Nowadays no one cares about you - you the customer, you the person with the money. The banks only care about the money. Sadly.
There are still smaller, local banks that do care and have personal interaction with customers, but the big banks try hard to have everything automated, so they can cut on locations and employees ... and make more money.
When you call, you spend hours being transferred from one extension to another and if you are lucky you might actually talk to someone who speaks broken English, and is located far away in India.
Great point the smaller banks and credit unions want your business, the boa, chase and wells fargo just care about the bottom line and that is $$$$$$.

Old 06-18-2013, 05:49 AM

146 posts, read 210,516 times
I don't think they're going anywhere. They just hired a new city President and are trying to grow (that was in te paper a month or two ago). Of course, that doesn't mean that they might not close any particular branch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio