U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 01:16 PM

10 posts, read 14,161 times

Advertisements

We've been staying with our son for a couple of months after retiring and relocating here. We have a lease on our own place now and I've noticed there are a couple of different garbage services in his neighborhood. How do I know who to call and which would you choose?

We will be in Silver Oaks - just the other side of Calebra from Alamo Ranch - 78254 area.

Thanks in Advance - Love it here, BTW! The people here are wonderful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 01:34 PM

293 posts, read 324,565 times
http://www.sanantonio.gov/swmd/Garbage.aspx

Old 07-01-2013, 01:36 PM

206 posts, read 390,475 times
I'm closer to Marbach, in 78245, but the ones in our neighborhood are Tiger, C6, and Waste Management.
A few weeks ago, there was a flyer in my door for another company, but I don't recall who they were. But they did have the full size recycle bins.

Right now I'm using C6. They come by 2x a week for trash, 1x for recycle. 65 bucks every quarter.
I think they're alright, no complaints, other than I'd like a bigger recycle bin. But when we do overflow the bin, we put the extra in another trashcan, and they take those recyclin's too without an issue.

Old 07-01-2013, 01:43 PM

206 posts, read 390,475 times
The link the poster above me posted is for people that are a part of the city. I believe the OP, like me, is county, meaning we have to chose our own service provider.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:06 PM

293 posts, read 324,565 times
oh sorry did not know but google san antonio garbage and there are two links that come up and waste management info for different companies if that will help. I live in alamo ranch and use city service

Old 07-01-2013, 02:07 PM

Thanks! I will check them out

Old 07-01-2013, 02:47 PM

937 posts, read 2,162,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyGirl45 View Post
We've been staying with our son for a couple of months after retiring and relocating here. We have a lease on our own place now and I've noticed there are a couple of different garbage services in his neighborhood. How do I know who to call and which would you choose?

We will be in Silver Oaks - just the other side of Calebra from Alamo Ranch - 78254 area.

Thanks in Advance - Love it here, BTW! The people here are wonderful!
were also moving to our house in SO soon.

it would be Tiger sanitation: Information

Tiger Sanitation - Home Page

Old 07-01-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jons_wifey View Post
were also moving to our house in SO soon.

it would be Tiger sanitation: Information

Tiger Sanitation - Home Page
Thank you! I am going to call Tiger.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:50 AM

56 posts, read 57,084 times
From the last time I checked, Tiger has the best rates......but they have horrible customer service - I have had numerous problems with them and they don't pick up the trash on the specified day at least two or three times per month, sometimes more (I've noticed it's not just my cans, but also my neighbors who have them as well). Waste Management is the most costly and I guess C-6 is inbetween......I'm actually waiting to get a rate quote from them as I type as I'm so frustrated with Tiger right now. I've noticed in google reviews complaints with both those companies as well, so I'm not sure who would be the "best" of the bunch.

Old 07-10-2014, 09:11 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,179,121 times
I've tried to switch to Tiger twice in the last 3 years. The first time after 3 weeks they still hadn't brought by their bins and despite what they claimed, their drivers wouldn't pick up the bags if I just left them by the curb.

The second time, the same thing, except they eventually claimed they dropped off the bins, but they never did and then told me it would be another 4 weeks to get me "new" ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio