U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 06:12 AM

3 posts, read 7,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingbirdHill View Post
ha ha, i think everyone else in the forum appears to you as "befriend" so that you can click on that word, "befriend," to be their friend. i will "befriend" you!
Ok. I get it.
you are my befriended friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 08:33 AM

968 posts, read 2,184,841 times
i'm just curious how it works at 5 pm, i see tons of cars turning in there as i turn left, but theres never any pileup of cars, does the guard see a sticker on the windsheild or something? or does he sit there and check every car in who's coming home from work...

Old 09-22-2009, 09:04 AM

4,149 posts, read 9,303,154 times
There are two gates. The residents have a gate clicker and can enter without waiting in line. Guest must check in with the guard. It can get backed up at the guard at times, but the residents just fly right through.

The guards are tough too. I'm in there several times a week. All the guards know me, my car is very unique, so it stands out, yet every time, I have to show my Realtor's license and be logged in. It's a pain in my tail, but the residents love it.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:32 PM

556 posts, read 375,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyun-Soo View Post
Have you ever been inside of the Dominion?

Or if you live there...?

It fascinates me.. That Dominion community!

Tell us of your experiences!
No, and I never think twice about it. I've lived in NYC where the real estate there blows the "dominion" out of the water -- well, off the planet, really. The Dominion is a big fish in a small pond.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:36 PM

14,613 posts, read 31,138,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
No, and I never think twice about it. I've lived in NYC where the real estate there blows the "dominion" out of the water -- well, off the planet, really. The Dominion is a big fish in a small pond.
If you've never been, how would you know that?

Old 09-22-2009, 12:37 PM

4,263 posts, read 9,690,898 times
Quote:
No one asked about NYC..I've lived there too. BFD.

Old 09-22-2009, 12:57 PM

4,149 posts, read 9,303,154 times
Quote:
I could take you into some homes here that would make your jaw drop right off your face. I've done lots of work in LA and NYC. Seen amazing homes. There are beautiful homes all over the world.

Not sure where your NY complex comes from, but I can tell you I've got lots of out-of-state clients with more money than you can imagine, and they're amazed at the homes here, and what their dollar will get them.

It's my experience (and I've got LOTS of it), that those people that have a certain arrogance about neighborhoods, homes, etc., usually don't have the money to even sniff those homes, and are just trying to act like they know more than they do.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:33 PM

6,878 posts, read 18,174,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
No one asked about NYC..I've lived there too. BFD.

Exactly. This is about San Antonio. Not New York. I also doubt anyone here needs or wants to see NY's version of "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous". There are too many other places in this country that have much more to offer, IMHO.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:00 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,006,091 times
I'll be satisfied when I own a small 2-3 bedroom home, with a big FN garage so I can do my mechanic work on my vehicles, or side jobs, and not pay any truck parking. and with about 10 acres of land,

that will be my dominion!

ohh and BTW

TX> The rest of the Country!

Old 03-11-2010, 04:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,327 times
Tony and eva used to live in a neighborhood call champion run. there parents live in there home now. ive seen it my friends live on there street. ive also been in this neighborhood for the parade of homes. its very pretty and i would love to live in it some day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio