U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:55 PM

1,668 posts, read 3,361,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
It's finished and they've moved in. One of the most spectacular homes in the city.
Its pretty impressive with their own Secuirty Guard House and Private Gate.

What I really like is tat the Private Drive is actually named with its own Street Sign , #9 RUE PARKER (or something very similiar)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 10:19 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,339,575 times
The stats of this home are impressive, that's for sure: 10k sq ft- $7 million price tag. Mini-waterpark, basketball/volleyball courts, etc. It is... Big.

From the pics I've seen of it, it just looks so bland. It's typical 'new construction' and doesn't differ much in outer design from some of the larger doctor's office complexes I've seen in Stone Oak. I think the arches on the build are nice touches, but they're everywhere. I guess I'm just not a massive fan of Spanish-Mission/villa style.

I'm more interested in how they furnished the interior. If it looks anything like Tony's first house, it'll closely resemble that of a La Quinta hotel lobby.

BN

Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 PM

15,926 posts, read 7,178,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post

I'm more interested in how they furnished the interior. If it looks anything like Tony's first house, it'll closely resemble that of a La Quinta hotel lobby.

BN

Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 PM

1,805 posts, read 4,357,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
There are lots of gated communities in San Antonio. I know they are less prominent in the east (I am from Florida, but later corrected that mistake and moved to Texas! ), but around here they are pretty common.

Yes, there are a lot of "rich and famous" living in the Dominion. Heck, Tony and Eva live there, I believe. But everytime we drive by there all I see are huge houses right on top of each other. If I had the money (and I don't ), I would buy more land further into the Hill Country and build my house in the middle of it. To me that represents "luxury" more than living in some gated community with a golf course...

Cheers! M2
Tony & Eva don't live in the dominion. They had a home/estate built in another very prominent and exclusive area, but I cannot now recall the name of the area.
Seemed it was "Oak something or other"..... For some reason I cannot pull up his information.
Pop lives in the Dominion, and actually owns large (and I mean LARGE) lots around him. Not sure I recall correctly, two of the properties is on a street with the name "Vineyard" and two are on Sandhurst. I am not certain if there are actually homes or buildings on three of the lots. I believe he lives on Vineyard and I also BELIEVE that he owns portions of some very lucrative vineyards in California. I'm guessing he may have been able to actually name the streets his property is on.
My boyfriend Bruce lives in Greystone Country.... $4.3Million home....
But what do I know, I'm just your normal, everyday stark-raving fan of the Spurs and my Boyfriend Bruce... LOLOL.....
all info is public record and on the internet.....

Old 03-13-2010, 04:43 PM

122 posts, read 314,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopsGuysRule View Post
Tony & Eva don't live in the dominion. They had a home/estate built in another very prominent and exclusive area, but I cannot now recall the name of the area.
Seemed it was "Oak something or other"..... For some reason I cannot pull up his information.
Pop lives in the Dominion, and actually owns large (and I mean LARGE) lots around him. Not sure I recall correctly, two of the properties is on a street with the name "Vineyard" and two are on Sandhurst. I am not certain if there are actually homes or buildings on three of the lots. I believe he lives on Vineyard and I also BELIEVE that he owns portions of some very lucrative vineyards in California. I'm guessing he may have been able to actually name the streets his property is on.
My boyfriend Bruce lives in Greystone Country.... $4.3Million home....
But what do I know, I'm just your normal, everyday stark-raving fan of the Spurs and my Boyfriend Bruce... LOLOL.....
all info is public record and on the internet.....
Eva and Tony have a nice plot in Anaqua Springs.

Old 03-15-2010, 05:27 AM

272 posts, read 561,080 times
[

It just interests me the contrast between different sides of the town. From The Dominion to South San Antonio. It seems a little selfish and awkward to be living in the Dominion. Especially with all of the poverty around San Antonio.

That's just how I feel. Others probably do not have my feeling.
It's hard to explain!

So your saying rich people don't deserve what they earned?
I disagree.
Life is what you make it especially in this country, some have bigger dreams than others or as Thoreau says "You conquer fate by thought" In this country most are rewarded exactly by as much effort as they they put into their careers or education.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 AM
RGJ

1,902 posts, read 4,025,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viny80 View Post
[

It just interests me the contrast between different sides of the town. From The Dominion to South San Antonio. It seems a little selfish and awkward to be living in the Dominion. Especially with all of the poverty around San Antonio.

It's hard to explain!

I disagree.
Life is what you make it especially in this country, some have bigger dreams than others or as Thoreau says "You conquer fate by thought" In this country most are rewarded exactly by as much effort as they they put into their careers or education.
I would tend to agree with you except for the Wall Street traders and bankers and insurance companies

Old 03-15-2010, 10:32 AM

1,805 posts, read 4,357,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viny80 View Post
[

It's hard to explain!

I disagree.
Celebrities cannot afford to live in average neighborhoods. It would be dangerous and tedious for them... tedious in that people would be driving by all the time, walking by, stopping to take pictures, cruising to get a glimpse....
AND .... since they've earned the money, what difference does it make to us how they spend it, as long as it's for something legal...
For instance NOT FOR DOG FIGHTING, and those kinds of activities....
Imagine the children of say, Tim Duncan, my boyfriend Bruce, walking to a San Antonio elementary school........

Old 03-15-2010, 02:01 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,339,575 times
Capitalism is a way of life for us. It helps us acquire the stuff we need and the things we want. If you work hard (or luckily stumble upon it) and make money, you're entitled to live wherever you please- however you please- as long as no one's getting hurt in the process.

'Selfish' for living well? Hell no. That's someone who's simply figured out how to live the way most folks would prefer to live... Unfortunately, that's not possible for everyone. Have and have-nots are inevitable in any functional society. The ideal of a 'Utopia' where everyone is an equal is just pie-in-the-sky idealism.

While I would never want to live in a place like The Dominion or any kind of McMansion development, I can see why other folks would. No big deal and I respect anyone's choice to live where they want (or where their income affords). Discriminating against someone simply for their level of success seems incredibly petty to me.

BN

Old 03-16-2010, 09:35 PM

7 posts, read 18,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
There are lots of gated communities in San Antonio. I know they are less prominent in the east (I am from Florida, but later corrected that mistake and moved to Texas! ), but around here they are pretty common.

Yes, there are a lot of "rich and famous" living in the Dominion. Heck, Tony and Eva live there, I believe. But everytime we drive by there all I see are huge houses right on top of each other. If I had the money (and I don't ), I would buy more land further into the Hill Country and build my house in the middle of it. To me that represents "luxury" more than living in some gated community with a golf course...

Cheers! M2
NOW THAT'S WHAT IAM TALKING ABOUT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio