U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2013, 09:24 PM

8 posts, read 9,738 times

Advertisements

My husband are looking at Dominion Park Apartments for a nice 3 bedroom option. Does anyone have or no of anyone with experience there good and/ or bad. Infestation, safety, etc. I have read mixed reviews on the websites but I want to see if posting here will lean one way over the other? Or if you know of any other apartments near there or closer to Lackland AFB 1300 a month is our limit .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 07:14 AM

5,162 posts, read 9,730,188 times
$1300 a month should be able to get your a house. Dominion park is on Medical Drive right? Thats not really "near" Lackland

Old 07-20-2013, 11:14 AM

11,161 posts, read 20,464,230 times
Here are some apartments closer to Lackland:

Costa Valencia Apartment Rentals[id]/30719/
San Antonio Apartments - Stone Ranch at Westover Hills
Townhomes at West Creek Apartments
Westover Hills San Antonio Apartments | Sequoia Cable Ranch in San Antonio, TX 78245

I haven't lived at any of them so I can't recommend them personally, but driving past they look nice.

You can rent a house for $1300 a month for sure. The deposit will probably be more than it would for an apartment but a house is definitely more comfortable when you have kids.

I've lived in the medical center area before and I wouldn't live there again by choice, it's noisy and there are sirens and helicoptors all night most nights, plus the traffic can be bad somtimes.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:43 PM

6,179 posts, read 8,653,627 times
For some reason I feel like there was some type of shooting or altercation at this apartment complex recently. I searched google and mysa to confirm but couldn't find anything. Not to mmuention it isolated. I don't think it's a complex that has too much going on. t

In regard to the Medical Center, it can be hit or miss in regard to the actual complexes. The area kind of near Callaghan can be a bit sketchy. But, I looked at Dominion Park for a one bedroom when I was looking for an apartment and didn't see anything to make me think there was anything wrong with it. The noise you will get used to and eventually will be a non-issue. I live near train tracks (maybe about half a mile away) and the first two nights they woke me up, but after that I didn't have any problems. And in regard to it being "close" to Lackland that's like a 20 minute drive. The only time it can get hectic is going down to one lane on 410 near Ingram. I would much rather drive on 410 and 10 than 90 and 1604. But, that's just my opinion.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:31 PM

11,161 posts, read 20,464,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
For some reason I feel like there was some type of shooting or altercation at this apartment complex recently. I searched google and mysa to confirm but couldn't find anything. Not to mmuention it isolated. I don't think it's a complex that has too much going on. t
This is what you're thinking of: SAPD: Woman stabs boyfriend with kitchen knife | kens5.com San Antonio

Old 07-20-2013, 08:52 PM

2,819 posts, read 2,874,234 times
1300 you can get a house, and someone to cut your grass.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:27 AM

6,179 posts, read 8,653,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post

yes. that was it. Thanks.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:16 AM

8 posts, read 9,738 times
Oh wow thanks for all the info everyone. W e looked into getting a house but things weren't working out for us in regards to timing and location. So we are just looking at apartments for now, but we if we find a house later we will move. Thanks for all of your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio