Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 10:24 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,800,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Cable is an extra $36 a month. Living on a budget means netflix and an antennae. That's $24 for a good antennae, once and $8 a month for streaming TV. That doesn't sound too bad for me.
I can afford cable. I just wanted Longhorn Network. Which in turn gave me more of a reason to cancel TWC. The dude tried to talk me into staying by telling me that I would only be missing three games which are out of conference. He obviously doesn't understand how passionate TX football fans are. Good riddance TWC, hello college football.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 10:50 AM

1,004 posts, read 1,619,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Cable is an extra $36 a month. Living on a budget means netflix and an antennae. That's $24 for a good antennae, once and $8 a month for streaming TV. That doesn't sound too bad for me.
Are you able to receive TCM & the Tennis Channel with your
set up ? (No subs please.)

Thanks...
from an addicted film noir movie geek
& avid tennis freak...

Old 08-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchodrive View Post
Are you able to receive TCM & the Tennis Channel with your
set up ? (No subs please.)

Thanks...
from an addicted film noir movie geek
& avid tennis freak...
I subscribe to the three major streaming services, have a Roku device and Apple TV. The only legal streams of a live channel currently available are Sky News, al-Jazeera and QVC. Pretty much any popular channel available on Time Warner that isn't available over the air is NOT available as an Internet stream.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
I subscribe to the three major streaming services, have a Roku device and Apple TV. The only legal streams of a live channel currently available are Sky News, al-Jazeera and QVC. Pretty much any popular channel available on Time Warner that isn't available over the air is NOT available as an Internet stream.
Correct me if I'm wrong ..
...I'm very active in sports & on average I don't watch lots of tv.
But it appears that I have to"subscribe" to a package with a
gadzillion of channels that I never or will ever watch...just to get
2 favorite channels ? wow...this just s----.

..sure could use a smiley of a baby drinking milk .
...if you catch my drift !

Old 08-05-2013, 03:27 PM

702 posts, read 726,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchodrive View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong ..
...I'm very active in sports & on average I don't watch lots of tv.
But it appears that I have to"subscribe" to a package with a
gadzillion of channels that I never or will ever watch...just to get
2 favorite channels ? wow...this just s----.

..sure could use a smiley of a baby drinking milk .
...if you catch my drift !
It doesn't help you now but it seems like the days of the old bulk packages of channels may be on the out in favor of a more ala carte system. The networks don't want this because they'll realize no one is willing to pay for the more niche channels so they won't be able to bundle them with more popular programming.

Consumers want this because who needs 100+ channels of garbage when all you want are three stations?

Look for change in the future. For now, you either buy into the cable/dish system or you do not.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
It doesn't help you now but it seems like the days of the old bulk packages of channels may be on the out in favor of a more ala carte system. The networks don't want this because they'll realize no one is willing to pay for the more niche channels so they won't be able to bundle them with more popular programming.

Consumers want this because who needs 100+ channels of garbage when all you want are three stations?

Look for change in the future. For now, you either buy into the cable/dish system or you do not.

(...for full effect...you gotta picture this with rebellious music
in the background & a 1000 people ready to strike for that
"change in the future"...)

btw:..My better half says ..."I spend way too much time with mac"...

Old 09-02-2013, 07:16 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
The blackout ended tonight.

CBS and Time Warner Cable reach deal, finally end month-long blackout | The Verge

Old 09-03-2013, 08:53 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,401,094 times
attic antenna with preamplifier, Amazon Prime, and Netflix. I don't miss a thing, frankly! So glad to have that $165 DirecTV bill GONE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio