Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 07:51 PM

580 posts, read 1,424,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder70 View Post
I believe you to be sincere in your beliefs, but in today world this ordinance will do nothing more than allow people to sue others everytime they get their feelings hurt. If a gay person gets fired, my boss is a bigot. Surely it couldn't be that the gay person was a bad employee no way that would be true there's no money in it so my boss has to be a bigot. Same old story.
And this is why all of the atheists, Muslims, and Jews are constantly suing their employers in San Antonio, right? Because their boss is a Christian, they claim bias because of that religion's stance on their own, and they just can't wait to get some $$$? (This is a rhetorical question, I hope you realize, as religion is a protected class already--and I've heard little to no news of people alleging employment or housing discrimination on this basis.)

Why would gays want to sue more than anyone else? This argument about needless legislation makes zero sense. It's just cover for the fact that people don't want to acknowledge that gays, just like members of other religious groups, have a legitimate right not to suffer discrimination because of who they are. (And hell, you certainly can't claim that religion isn't a "choice" or a "lifestyle," as it most certainly is.)

Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spursrock View Post
Gay people are funny anyway they scream and shout and want equal everything! Last I checked they can now get married what more do they want? Sorry were not all gonna be gay or want to be gay...chan has my support! I'm a hateful bigot and who gives a damn it's my veiws!
They can get married in Texas? News to me!

And I'm sure the last thing they want is for you to be gay. Please. (Most gay people know believe they were born that way, and the idea of wanting to "make someone gay" makes zero sense to them.)

Old 09-03-2013, 08:08 PM

487 posts, read 1,113,126 times
I have to respectfully say to the anti-gay group . . . . Open up your Bible and search hard for the two verses in Leviticus that pertain to homosexuality . . . . And then when you’re reading, check out how many thousand times the Bible tells Christians to “love one another.” It should certainly give you pause.

And when you continue to say this is a “chosen” lifestyle”just ask yourself who would “choose” a life of being shunned and ridiculed unmercifully by a majority of the population?? Who would “choose” to in many cases break their parent’s heart?? Who would choose to live in fear that some red-neckmight decide to beat them up?? No one would live that life style unless they were genetically predisposed to “be that way.”

And for those that scoff at what I say . . . . God help you when you son, daughter, grandchild, niece, or nephew come home and tell you they are gay.
ALL people deserve equality.

Last edited by SAAggiemom; 09-03-2013 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: Tried to eliminate spaces

Old 09-03-2013, 08:12 PM

243 posts, read 331,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
And this is why all of the atheists, Muslims, and Jews are constantly suing their employers in San Antonio, right? Because their boss is a Christian, they claim bias because of that religion's stance on their own, and they just can't wait to get some $$$? (This is a rhetorical question, I hope you realize, as religion is a protected class already--and I've heard little to no news of people alleging employment or housing discrimination on this basis.)

Why would gays want to sue more than anyone else? This argument about needless legislation makes zero sense. It's just cover for the fact that people don't want to acknowledge that gays, just like members of other religious groups, have a legitimate right not to suffer discrimination because of who they are. (And hell, you certainly can't claim that religion isn't a "choice" or a "lifestyle," as it most certainly is.)
It makes zero sense to you because your in favor of it, but it makes a lot of sense to people who are opposed to it. What are you worried about it for anyway the ordinance is going to pass. This council will never do anything that is not PC. You could have an 80/20 split in voter opinion against and they would still pass it.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:21 PM

268 posts, read 590,847 times
People who are against this ordinance continue to grasp at reasons to support their side. Lawsuits, bathrooms, trying to make people gay and other nonsense. That is the reason why all these ordinances and laws on LGBT protections and gay marriage are gaining steam. Their excuses and roadblocks are getting old as their generation is being replaced by younger, more educated and open-minded people. They will never be convinced otherwise, and I can't say I blame them. Just like the ones on the pro-ordiance will not be convinced otherwise.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtexan99 View Post
Here is a small sampling of lawsuits that have filed after similar ordinances have been passed.

Call-a-Spade-Campaign
Wow, I can't believe I slogged through that. Only about the top fifth of that page lists "lawsuits"--and many of them are not lawsuits at all, but reports of "boycotts" of individuals or businesses and protests against others. (That's a very different matter.) And what are there? 50 reports? Which go back more than 20 years? And all the way to SWEDEN? Many with no details, too?

I don't really call that compelling evidence of anything, especially if you place it against the litany of crimes committed against gay people across this world over the past 20-odd years. Pretty pathetic. (And I love the title--"Call-a-Spade-Campaign." Priceless.)

Old 09-03-2013, 08:35 PM

268 posts, read 590,847 times
Hey bigtexan99, you missed this one....

at mysa.com

Pastors gather to endorse city's nondiscrimination proposal

By Abe Levy

September 3, 2013 6:05 PM

On the same City Hall steps where a gathering of religious leaders last week objected to a proposed nondiscrimination ordinance, another clergy group Tuesday voiced support.

The group cited Scripture and belief in its call to protect lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

About 50 clergy — ranging from Jewish to mainline Protestant, nondenominational and Catholic — also took turns praying for the controversial proposal to pass when the City Council votes on it Thursday.

Moderator cut: The Terms of Service state: "Copyrighted Material - Instead of copying-and-pasting articles, photos, or other material you find on the Internet, you should be posting links to those articles. Posting a snippet from the article and then the link is the appropriate way to post."

Please insure that you have read the Terms Of Service (TOS) which you agreed to when you registered: Terms Of Service

Your post is edited

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 09-04-2013 at 07:33 AM..

Old 09-03-2013, 09:11 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,216,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder70 View Post
It makes zero sense to you because your in favor of it, but it makes a lot of sense to people who are opposed to it. What are you worried about it for anyway the ordinance is going to pass. This council will never do anything that is not PC. You could have an 80/20 split in voter opinion against and they would still pass it.
OK, someone has not listened to the recording.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
OK, someone has not listened to the recording.
I agree. I think these folks should just realize that San Antonio is the "Berkeley of the South" (as reported in the New York Times' article on Julián Castro last year) and jump ship. We've clearly become a progressive mecca, and it's no longer safe for those who stand united with Chan in her valiant resistance against the coming of the Second Cultural Revolution, championed by Diego Bernal--our very own version of Pol Pot (and yes, I know he was from Cambodia, not China)--as well as Comandante Castro--our very own version of, well, Castro!

Retreat and save yourselves!!!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:50 PM

243 posts, read 331,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneOf48 View Post
I agree. I think these folks should just realize that San Antonio is the "Berkeley of the South" (as reported in the New York Times' article on Julián Castro last year) and jump ship. We've clearly become a progressive mecca, and it's no longer safe for those who stand united with Chan in her valiant resistance against the coming of the Second Cultural Revolution, championed by Diego Bernal--our very own version of Pol Pot (and yes, I know he was from Cambodia, not China)--as well as Comandante Castro--our very own version of, well, Castro!

Retreat and save yourselves!!!
Retreat never, but fight you at every turn absolutely. I just wish that I could live long enough to see what the future generations think of your progressive world. Remember what you see as progress other people in the future may not like and they will want their own version of progress. Society is just like fashion. what's in today may be out tomorrow. You just never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio